Talk

Advanced search

Berlin weekend with children

(6 Posts)
Wistful977 Tue 05-Sep-17 10:29:51

We are thinking of going to Berlin for Easter next year with 10 and 7 yr old boys. We normally use Airbnb to get a 2 bed apartment when we go to cities but think there are problems doing this in Berlin. Please can anyone help with hotel/apartment options and any thoughts on area, things to do? Thank you

MysweetAudrina Tue 05-Sep-17 10:32:49

I am just back from a week in Berlin with Dh and dd9 and ds8. we had a great time and used Airbnb. we stayed in Pankow on the old East side and the apartment was just across from the Ubahn and Sbahn stations. There was plenty to do also and all easily accessible by train. Berlin zoo, Tropical Island, flea markets, Hitler Story, Berlin Wall, memorials, parks. food reasonable. let me know if you want more detail on any of the above.

Bigbiscuits Tue 05-Sep-17 11:08:37

Google Afina aparthotel in Berlin. We stayed there with our 2 boys recently and it was very good and central (if a little pricey).

Trip advisor is usually a good place to find accommodation.

Berlin is lovely. Recommend doing one of the 4 hour walking tours to get a sense of history etc.

Wistful977 Tue 05-Sep-17 13:18:39

Thank you both - I will google the afina and would be grateful for more info on the panko apt. I'm starting a list of what to do so your recommendations are really helpful

Bigbiscuits Tue 05-Sep-17 15:35:01

For most museum entrances and the 4 hour walking tour - we have found that in Berlin under 12s go free.

Wistful977 Tue 05-Sep-17 20:41:04

That's great news thanks #bigbiscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now