Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh single women hotel and attraction ideas pls !

(5 Posts)
notmrscookie Mon 29-May-17 16:50:00

I am planning on going to Edinburgh mid July for 3/4 nights ..I day to visit elderly aunt and uncle .The rest tourist bits zoo, castle,gardens .Any other must see..Also places to stay open to airbb or b&b or hotels around45prpn ...Thanks in advance. .

Waggamamma Mon 29-May-17 16:55:15

You will be extremely lucky to find anything in Edinburgh for £45pn in July!! You might need to look further out at Linlithgow/Falkirk and commute in to Edinburgh, about 20mins by train.

The zoo is a big disappointment, the animals look very sad.

A wander down the royal mile is always good for tourists and Chamber St museum is excellent (and free!).

Go to the castle early morning to avoid the queues.

Highly recommend a ghost tour or Mary Kings Close.

Waggamamma Mon 29-May-17 16:57:47

Climb Arthur's Seat.

If you like Gin, the Edinburgh Gin distillery tours are supposed to be good, although you'll need to book in advance they book up quickly.

A trip out to Linlithgow Palace or Craigmiller Castle if you like that sort of thing.

notmrscookie Tue 30-May-17 00:13:04

Have booked a syha Edinburgh metro hostel for 3nts .. Basic own room shared bathroom with 4 others free WiFi with own microwave 66pounds free cancellation its in old town ..will carry on looking but would like central . I want to see panda but everyone says same thing about zoo

Iamastonished Tue 13-Jun-17 22:11:25

I am in Edinburgh right now, staying in rooms just off the Royal Mile. The room is expensive and very basic, but the location is brilliant.

Mary King's close is worth a visit, so are the botanical gardens and Royal yacht Britannia. I found the castle itself underwhelming and very crowded, although the views are spectacular. We haven't been able to see and do everything, but have enjoyed our trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now