Talk

Advanced search

JCA Netball Weekend @ Condover hall - Concerns for my daughters

(8 Posts)
Caroline167 Sat 13-May-17 06:52:57

Dear Mumsnet,
I am hoping someone on this lovely website can put my mind at rest.
My daughters are currently away with school this weekend for a Netball tournament with JCA Adventure at Condover Hall.

They arrived yesterday and so far have been fed a meal (curry), that was the 'worst food ever!' Let me just add that my daughters are not fussy eaters so this came as quite a surprise. And no dessert, and just cordial for a drink.
Then half of the party they travelled with were taken to an induction meeting and to try activities, the other half were left alone (6 girls aged 11/12), they were assured an instructor would return in a few minutes.
This group ended up back in their room and the instructor never showed up. When the other half of the group returned over an hour later - they told the rest of the group how bad the instructor had been and how he had left a child somewhere!

I have had a disturbed night sleep worrying about the safety of my girls, and the reputability of the company running this weekend. I am grateful that thanks to phones my daughters have been able to keep in touch, but if anyone could offer me some reassurances about this company or the Netball weekends in general I would be so grateful?

Blinkyblink Sat 13-May-17 06:56:55

You have concerns about safety and.... the fact there so no dessert and just cordial to drink.

Safety fair enough.
No dessert and just cordial for dinner. Don't be daft. Ansyou actually put this first in your OP!

Peppapogstillonaloop Sat 13-May-17 07:00:35

What are your actual safety concerns other than them being left alone?
Sounds like it's going to be a bit of a rubbish weekend in terms of food and actual training and probably a total rip off depending how much you paid for it but they don't sound like they are going to be in any danger realistically?

DitchCamille Sat 13-May-17 07:05:55

So an instructor didn't turn to a lesson is what happened. I'd have been saying to my dd 'that sounds like a mix up'.

11 and 12 year olds shouldn't be getting 'left somewhere'. They should stay with the group.

I'd ignore the other children telling your child the teaching was 'bad'.

The dessert and cordial thing is ludicrous.

Caroline167 Sat 13-May-17 07:08:25

Thank so for your comments, really helped me!

Caroline167 Sat 13-May-17 07:11:20

I'm sorry I clearly mistook this website a place that mothers support each other, clearly not, it is just full of trolls who like to put others down.

I reached out for reassurance and all I got was abuse.

wannabestressfree Sat 13-May-17 07:33:48

If you think that's abuse you really are new...,,
Phone the site and speak to whoever is in charge. There must be a contact.
I think people are keen to point out lack of pudding and cordial to drink hardly warrants child abuse. Stick to the safety aspects.

Blinkyblink Sat 13-May-17 08:01:58

OP, you need to get some perspective.

Cordial and no pudding is not something to be concerned about. Being left without an instructor is perhaps something to be a little concerned about because shows poor organisation.
And people pointing this out is not "abuse".

The trivial way you have thrown that word in to the equation is ridiculous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now