Talk

Advanced search

Grantham,near Nottingham for Easter. What to do?

(8 Posts)
Oblomov17 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:39:58

We are going to Grantham near Nottingham for Easter weekend. Ds13 & Ds9. There is a swimming pool at the hotel. Where else shall we go? To the castle? Go-carting in Newark? Any recommendations please?

Aliveinwanderland Wed 12-Apr-17 19:41:56

How far do you want to travel? Holme Pierrepont in Nottingham does some brilliant outdoor activities.

isittheholidaysyet Wed 12-Apr-17 19:44:53

Belton house if it's open. National trust. Fantastic playground (or so I'm told, not been for a while)

TheFairyCaravan Wed 12-Apr-17 19:51:15

You could hire bikes at Rutland Water if it's a nice day.

LIZS Wed 12-Apr-17 19:51:46

Definitely Belton, something for everyone and all weathers. Belvoir Castle, Newark Castle, Stamford, Burleigh House, Rutland Water, Sherwood Forest.

Batwomanrisesagain Wed 12-Apr-17 19:55:36

Belton and the farm shop cafe further up the road, Issac newtons house at Woolsthorpe, walk round Belvoir Castle, lunch at the chequers at woolsthorpe, day at Stamford.

EdithWeston Wed 12-Apr-17 19:56:33

Basically, go somewhere else. Belton (NT) and Burghley would be towards the top of my list.

Though St Wulfram's up worth a look, including the chained library (if it's open and you gave bookish DC).

If you do go as far as Rutland Water, then you'll pass Woolsthorpe Manor (NT, Isaac Newton's house) which is an interesting visit. Had a nice hands-on science-themed zone last time I was there.

Oblomov17 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:31:35

Oh thank you. Checks these all out ......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now