Talk

Advanced search

park and ride in brussels?

(7 Posts)
Jinsky Tue 11-Apr-17 20:06:35

Where can I park and ride and rely on getting somewhere to park in Brussrls?

brux3080 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:15:05

Ends of the metro lines. Hermann debroux/Delta on line 5 have P&R but are the far side of city if you are driving from UK. Probably others on the other main lines. Try asking on the Living Overseas forum.

Jinsky Tue 11-Apr-17 20:18:40

coming from the south east so delta is good. Are we likely to get a space there? We are travelling this Thursday.

brux3080 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:27:56

Depends what time you are arriving but the schools are off so probably less busy than a normal Thursday with commuters I would think. Delta is a proper P&R whereas I think Hermann debroux is parking up under the motorway viaduct (from memory). However, most of that part of Auderghem isn't permit only I don't think, so you should be able to park on street somewhere if Delta was full.

brux3080 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:33:29

We lived on that line so I haven't actually used the P&R myself. I really don't think you will have any problem finding somewhere to leave the car that far out though if you are prepared to use the metro. It's only people who are desperate to park in the centre or EU district who struggle.

Jinsky Tue 11-Apr-17 20:34:39

Happy to take the metro.
Thank you so much for answering!

Jinsky Tue 18-Apr-17 11:40:12

Home again from our trip.
Your advice was very helpful - the park and ride car park was full but we parked for free on one of the side roads and it was only about 15 minutes on the metro to the Grand Place.
i had no expectations of Brussels but really enjoyed it - the EU area was interesting, the Grand Place stunning at night and it is easy to get away from the crowds once you move away from the Grand Place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now