Talk

Advanced search

European city break with 5yo

(13 Posts)
MilesHuntsWig Sun 29-Jan-17 22:55:01

So... where do you recommend for a long weekend for me, DH and 5yo DD around Easter time?

Not too expensive, nice historic things to see, maybe nice cafe culture.

Thanks!

MilesHuntsWig Mon 30-Jan-17 21:23:00

No one?

Groovee Mon 30-Jan-17 21:26:22

Amsterdam has lots for families. We loved it.

aln48 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:27:18

Belgrade, weather should be nice, loads of nice outside things to do, great cafe culture and cheap. Or Budapest?

Newtoday Mon 30-Jan-17 21:27:57

Anywhere in Germany - lots to do for children!

OneOrgasmicBirthPlease Mon 30-Jan-17 21:29:05

Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona. It's amazing for kids and gorgeous that time of year.

Floralnomad Mon 30-Jan-17 21:31:59

Copenhagen , it's got Tivoli gardens and a very nice boat tour , plus it's very clean , the trains are brilliant and the airport is very close .

MilesHuntsWig Mon 30-Jan-17 21:34:24

Thanks guys! All good ideas! I'll suss out what flight options and look at these for starters.

What about Austria for kid's stuff, any idea?

geekyboo Mon 30-Jan-17 21:34:38

Prague. Its a beautiful city, cheap (the Corona is much weaker against the pound than the Euro is) it has a small cosy feeling and has gorgeous interesting cultural attractions. Even better is that its super child friendly, plenty of playgrounds and public parks everywhere.

WildebeestH Tue 21-Feb-17 23:17:04

I had a great long weekend in Amsterdam with my five year old just the two of us. You can hire bikes, there are play areas all over the place, great museums and nice cafes.

Northernlurker Tue 21-Feb-17 23:19:06

If she likes cats I'd go to Rome and stay near the cat sanctuary.

Coulibri Tue 21-Feb-17 23:24:08

I've had a brilliant time any time I've taken a small child to Italy, and we took our four and a half year old to Amsterdam last summer, and we all adored it. Very child-friendly and laid back, wonderful cafes, urban beaches, markets and art museums, and lots of pottering around the canals on a rented boat.

BraveButShaking Tue 21-Feb-17 23:35:16

Berlin! Take a scooter for the child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now