Talk

Advanced search

What area to stay in London?

(5 Posts)
callmeyellowmellow Sun 22-Jan-17 14:05:01

Dh and I are going to see Matilda in the Cambridge theatre in March. We are looking for somewhere in London to stay to make the most of seeing London for the weekend. I don't mind not staying close to the theatre as we would rather be in a location which is best for sight seeing etc. Anybody have any recommendations, I really don't know London at all so really want to make the most of our weekend. TIA

Eatingcheeseontoast Sun 22-Jan-17 14:11:44

South bank is fab As lovely walk back from theatre, premier inn at county hall or at Westminster bridge birth good.

Also stayed in Holborn and loved the area.

JustHereForThePooStories Sun 22-Jan-17 14:12:08

Not sure if you're looking for a hotel recommendation but I usually stay here- m.parkplaza.com/mweb/london-hotel-gb-sw1v-1eq/gbvictor
Hotel is lovely but the location is brilliant. Just around the corner from Victoria station so access to great train, tube, and bus lines. Wilton Road itself is lovely with loads of restaurants, bars, and there's a supermarket. Easy walking distance to a lot of the main tourist attractions.

callmeyellowmellow Sun 22-Jan-17 16:16:24

That's great, thank you I'll check them both out!

lovelearning Sun 22-Jan-17 16:20:14

Bloomsbury.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now