Talk

Advanced search

Yorkshire/Staffordshire family friendly?

(6 Posts)
Sunflowersmiling Wed 14-Dec-16 06:41:04

Hi can anyone recommend a b&b/yurt/self-catering that is happy to welcome children and has outdoor space for the children to play in, ideally somewhere in the countryside/remote where the children can do a little star gazing at night. Oh and that wont break the bank...We are a couple of single parents trying to get our kids out into the countryside for the weekend. Thanks.
I'm looking for a weekend break mid April.

mamabluestar Wed 08-Feb-17 22:13:43

Something like this? northshire.co.uk/

OdinsLoveChild Wed 08-Feb-17 22:26:18

Have a look here www.facebook.com/PeakDistrictOnline.co.uk/ for Derbyshire/peak district accommodation. Theres often child friendly last minute type places and the peak district is brilliant for children. Plenty of star gazing opportunities there and close to Yorkshire if you fancy popping across the border.

I dont see the attraction in Staffordshire when youve got Derbyshire/Yorkshire to choose from. I've lived in Staffordshire for more than 40 years and I never recommended it as a holiday destination when theres so much more on offer in other counties nearby.

Sunflowersmiling Sat 18-Feb-17 21:59:49

Thank you!!!

Zhx3 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:04:22

We stayed here in Pickering last Easter, couldn't recommend it highly enough. Outdoor playground for kids, a short walk from the leisure centre and the owners organised an Easter egg hunt which the kids loved. It was a great base for exploring Yorkshire.

Crickeycrumbsblimey Mon 27-Mar-17 12:11:33

We stayed here www.stonelandscottages.co.uk/

Cottages are nice enough, nothing special but perfectly fine. The location is absolutely stunning though, right in the middle of Littondale.

Very nice heated indoor pool, plenty of space to run around and a climbing frame. Oh and a pub about 10 mins walk away - everything else is drive or cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now