Talk

Advanced search

Berlin?

(2 Posts)
TensionWheelsCoolHeels Wed 17-Feb-16 20:15:06

DD (10) is very keen to go to Berlin for a break. It's not a place I've ever had an interest in, but I'm willing to consider if I can get a sense of what it's like - how to get about, where to stay, what there is to see/do.

If anyone can enlighten me as to what might be suitable for myself & a 10 yr old, to see/do/stay/get about I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thankssmile

ApplaudMyFandango Tue 01-Mar-16 19:17:58

Lots & lots to do and they don't shy away from their history. So if you are interested in Jewish history or the Cold War, it's fascinating. Really easy and cheap to get around on the subway. Stayed in a good mid-budget hotel near Checkpoint Charlie.
The Reichstag is a must. It's free but book on the internet before you go. Food is good and cheap, especially if you like street food.
If you have time, go out to the royal palaces out in Potsdam, if not the palace at Charlottenburg is in the city. Famous zoo near the chic shopping of Kurfurstendamm. There's a Legoland Discovery Centre too for younger. We easily filled 5 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now