Talk

Advanced search

Getting to Harry Potter Studios in London

(8 Posts)
jennymac Thu 04-Feb-16 14:27:56

We are taking the kids to London for half-term and are staying in an apartment in Islington. They really want to go to Harry Potter Studios but left it a bit late in booking and could only get a slot for 9.30am. Just a bit worried about getting there in time. I know we need to get a train from Euston to Watford Junction. In terms of buying tickets, do children need a ticket for overland trains (I know that they can travel under our oyster card on the tube) and would it be better value to use oyster cards to cover the overland train journey or buy separate tickets from National Rail?

ukgirlatheart Tue 09-Feb-16 10:09:54

We did this and spent more or less a full day there...really is great and so well done. Got the train from Euston which was around 20mins I think then as soon as you get off there are Harry Potter buses that take you there its around £3 return very reasonable.

With regards to tickets take a look at this bestway

jennymac Tue 09-Feb-16 13:57:41

Thanks UKgirl! We are really looking forward to it! Are thinking now of using our contactless visa cards instead of oyster cards. I take it this will count as pay as you go? The kids are both under 11 so travel on the overground train should still be free.

Buttercup27 Tue 09-Feb-16 13:59:08

We drove, it was very easy a day parking was great there.

Uptownfuckuup Tue 09-Feb-16 13:59:50

yes you can use your contactless cards you will be charged the same as you would if you use the oyster
and I'm sure that the travel for them will be free

PerspicaciaTick Tue 09-Feb-16 14:07:54

The Harry Potter buses are awesome. My DC's were grief stricken that we drove and denied them a bus trip.

Babelange Tue 09-Feb-16 14:12:50

Just be warned that the Overground stops everywhere and the journey time is c. 55 minutes - bearing in mind your early start. You could just purchase children's travel cards and use an Oyster/Smart card to tap in and out for adults (same price for Overground or London Midland for adults).

ukgirlatheart Tue 09-Feb-16 14:18:47

Yes the HP Bus plays a little film as you drive along - very bizarre route thought through housing estates! But the atmopshere is great.

We thought that Warner Bros got it so right...wont spoil it for you but on entry you are all gathered into a room .... the magic starts there. If it's your birthday or a treat for one of the kids birthday's do mention it to them as they let them do something magical.

We loved it - oh also the cafe in the entrance is great not over priced either BUT as expected the HUGE gift shop is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now