Talk

Advanced search

2 night break with three 18 yr olds?

(15 Posts)
triplets Sat 05-Dec-15 22:04:35

where would you go? Its their 18th in Jan one is in the Army so if we can get him home it would only be Frid/Sat night..........any ideas please?

cashewnutty Sat 05-Dec-15 22:10:50

Hey triplets I posted on your thread in Teenagers. Where are you based? I am Scottish and my top pick would be Glasgow. Vibrant and fun city for a few nights. Great nightlife, great people, great place for a weekend with teens.

triplets Sat 05-Dec-15 22:18:29

Hi again cashew, long way for us, we are in Deal nr Dover! Most obv place to go is London, but I know my army lad wouldn't be keen. The boys love Centre Parks but their sister doesn`t!

Themodernuriahheep Sat 05-Dec-15 22:31:45

Assume Canterbury too close ? Brighton?

What do they like doing?

Themodernuriahheep Sat 05-Dec-15 22:34:45

Cambridge? Not too awful a drive from you, better than Oxford.

What' s tunbridge wells like of an evening? Still think Brighton. Hastings? No, Brighton.

triplets Sun 06-Dec-15 08:42:39

Yes I was thinking about Brighton, great if the weather is nice as the pier is fun, took my dd and her friend last year for 2 nights they took off and I was left to amuse myself which was nice, lovely shops!

cashewnutty Sun 06-Dec-15 09:09:25

My DD1 is living in Brighton at the moment. I was down last weekend. The weather was wild but we had a great time. Eating, drinking, shopping and a trip to the cinema.

rubyrubyruby Sun 06-Dec-15 09:11:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 06-Dec-15 09:13:23

Paris? Easy to get to from where you are. Loads to see and do and eat.

defineme Sun 06-Dec-15 09:18:58

You could do something like get a day pass for Butlins Bognor Regis so they could enjoy the indoor water park (if center parcs type stuff is their thing) and armed forces get in free there. Then you could head over to Brighton for night out/shopping/funfair the next day?

PotteringAlong Sun 06-Dec-15 09:20:48

I'd get the Eurostar to Paris too. Disneyland?

triplets Sun 06-Dec-15 23:56:35

Eurostar is a good idea as we have never been on it, Disney would be good though Florida would be better..........she dreams..........

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 07-Dec-15 21:42:45

Eurodisney is over-rated IMO. It's very small. I've never been to any other Disney park, so don't know if that's the norm.

I wouldn't bother with Disney. I'd have a couple of nights in Paris itself. Do the Eifel tower, bateau mouche, Montmartre, nice meal etc.

NathalieM Fri 08-Jan-16 11:03:29

I think Eurodisney is just small in comparison to its American counterparts; the resort itself is actually very big, as I've learnt after multiple visit. I'm a bit biased though to say the least, as I love Disneyland!

Depends what you're looking for triplets. If you're all into something a bit more lively, then Brighton as many have suggested is a good call. Helps if the weather is good, but even if it's a bit dreary, it's still very bustling.

If you want something a bit quieter and more relaxing, they have very cheap family cottage holiday packages in January, mainly for places such as the Cotswolds and Lake District.

www.manorcottages.co.uk/family-holidays - would something like this appeak to you? Also, whereabouts are you based?

wannabestressfree Fri 08-Jan-16 11:12:22

Brighton is fab and I am based near you smile
Eurostar have offers until tonight I think and go from Ashford so worth a look.
Have you tried the new centre parcs, the spa is lovely and there are more 'older' bits to tempt your daughter with x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now