Talk

Advanced search

hen weekend in south spa recommendations

(7 Posts)
PinkGeranium Tue 24-Nov-15 18:34:43

hello
thinking of a spa weekend but perhaps in a hotel with a spa as opposed to a spa itself. there are 10 of us and I would like a nice hotel with spa facilities but near a town so we could hit a few bars later. bath would be ideal but one of our friends just did this.
any suggestions would be great TIA

PinkGeranium Tue 24-Nov-15 19:41:47

has anyone been to penny hill?

notafanofwinter Tue 24-Nov-15 19:49:36

I've been to Pennyhill twice. The Spa is outstanding; enormous with loads of watery/steam areas, there are some lovely relaxation areas and the treatments we had were really excellent.
The hotel is fine, a touch of WAG, the Latymer restaurant is fab but the Brasserie might be more suitable for a big group.
it's not in the most exciting area but for a Spa Break it's hard to beat.

I also know of a couple more further South that are good;
Chewton Glen
Sen Spa at Careys Manor. Both great Spas.

Buttercup27 Tue 24-Nov-15 19:50:54

We go to bath regularly (at least twice a year) as it's fantastic. I would go there even if 1 person has just been. The roof top pool is great

mouldycheesefan Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:23

I agree that bath is somewhere you can go again and you have the benefits of a town rather than being in a hotel. You can hire the cross baths for a small party which would make it different for your friend.
The bath spa hotel also has a very small spa but very expensive to stay there.

mouldycheesefan Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:37

Al

mouldycheesefan Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:59

Spa at centreparcs is also one of the best I have been to, very very good and trumps most hotel spas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now