Advanced search

First family UK holiday, but where to go

(3 Posts)
MrsGrumps Thu 12-Feb-15 12:39:34

Boy aged 9 and girl aged 14. I've never been able to afford even a day out until now but I've saved enough for a weekend away.

Looked at Sandy Balls but as my son is not a huge fan of the great outdoors and walking I'm not sure if there is a better option We are based in the South east so want to stay South if possible as son gets bored with being stuck in the car more than 3 hours.

Any suggestions?

triplets Thu 12-Feb-15 22:18:35

Highly recommend Wroxham on the Norfolk Broads. Masses of accommodation often very reasonable, hire a day launch boat for the w/end you will all love it, safe for the kids to steer whilst you sit and relax! Wroxham is brill everything is mins walk from good pubs/cafes/fishnchips/ big supermarket so you can just buy there, very good meat btw! Your children can safely walk round on their own, give them loads of bread to feed the ducks and wildlife, they would have freedom, its very safe. We love it for all those reasons. A good company to book with is hope that helps!

MrsGrumps Fri 13-Feb-15 14:22:35

Thanks. I'll have a look at that link tonight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now