Advanced search

Prague for a weekend break

(7 Posts)
Tiredemma Tue 20-Jan-15 19:17:54

off to prague for dp's 40th.

any recommendations for things to do/places to eat?

apologies for text and any typos- one handed with child bouncing furiously on knee

Tiredemma Fri 23-Jan-15 11:09:13

Any advice at all? (even crap advice!!)

Go up the Observation tower (can get a little train up if don't fancy walking up the hill) and eat honey cake in the little cafe there.

Go to the church which has the baby Jesus and all his clothes. I can't remember what it's called, but it'll be in all the guide books.

Eat apple cake in one of the many Bagel places - good food and v cheap.

Kafka museum - if that sort of thing is your thing.

FlappertyFlippers Mon 26-Jan-15 16:27:22

Do a segway tour. We went to Prague for dh birthday a few years ago, and as a surprise I booked us on a 2 hour guided tour on a segway. He loved it

juneau Sat 31-Jan-15 17:44:46

We did a jazz cruise on the river one night, which was really nice (went for my 40th last year!). The food was surprisingly good and the vibe was laid back. We liked the Jewish Museum too. The castle was a bit boring IMO, but the Cathedral of St Vitus was good and I really liked the stained glass window by local artist Alphonse Mucha. There is a museum of Mucha's work too, which I thought was lovely (google his posters - they're art nouveau and you're bound to recognise them as they're very famous).

Have you read HHhH? If so, be sure to visit the crypt of the church of St Cyril and Methodius as its there Heydrich's assassins made their last stand. Its very moving.

Bearcatt Wed 04-Feb-15 19:30:20

Do a 'free' walking tour. They're not really free, but you are expected to pay your guide what you think the walk was worth.
We had a very knowledgable guide and saw places that we would have missed.
We also went (because of this walking tour) on a train to a concentration camp called Terazin which was very moving with another walking tour guide.
Prague is beautiful. We went in December 2013 & saw the Christmas market.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now