Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for DP's 50th birthday weekend

(4 Posts)
smoothiemaker Wed 14-Jan-15 20:00:15

Not until July but would like to start thinking/planning. Might do a visit to London on the day (during the week) but am thinking about a weekend away somewhere. Suggestions please for somewhere nice/different/interesting. I'm in the South East of England so somewhere in England/Wales maybe or a city break overseas.

postmanpatscat Wed 14-Jan-15 23:10:31

I did the same last year - we went to Bournemouth for two nights, went for a curry (DP's favourite) in the best Indian restaurant in town on the Friday, walked all the way to Poole and back in glorious sunshine on Saturday, dinner in the hotel and home after a big breakfast on Sunday. We're in London and couldn't depart until 4.30pm on the Friday so that was far enough.

smoothiemaker Fri 16-Jan-15 13:34:06

Thanks. I'm specifically looking for hotel recommendations anywhere so I can investigate further.

postmanpatscat Sat 24-Jan-15 11:16:05

I wouldm't recoomend the hotel we stayed at! I don't book anywhere without checking Trip Advisor first but the rooms in this one varied a lot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: