Talk

Advanced search

two nights in Harrogate mid Jan, where to stay?

(9 Posts)
triplets Sat 06-Dec-14 22:24:04

Hi, my dh and I have been invited with our 17yr old son to an open day at Harrogate Army Foundation College on the 17th Jan. As we live in Kent we want to stay for a couple of nights as the 17th is also my dh`s birthday. Any recommendations? I was looking for a cottage with a hot tub as a treat but can`t find any. We will go up by train, so need to be in central Harrogate, thank you.

triplets Sun 07-Dec-14 22:59:12

there must be somewhere............please!

Oohhaveabanana Sun 07-Dec-14 23:27:19

I doubt there will be any cottages with hot tubs in central harrogate. They tend to be in more rural areas/villages which will definitely require a taxi, bus, or hire car.
There are some nice spa hotels that are in the town - The Majestic or Hotel Du Vin (off the top of my head) But there are plenty of hotels or serviced apartments in the town itself (just google smile)
Have you been to Harrogate before? Its a fab place. I'm sure you'll have a great trip smile
Make sure you pop in and get a cake from Bettys.

triplets Sun 07-Dec-14 23:58:34

went many years ago enroute to see my brother, we did go to Betty`s and shared a cake! Have looked at the hotels but coming up quite pricey for the time of year, just looking for something that will be a treat but not too expensive!

Chumhum Mon 08-Dec-14 00:29:41

We stayed here www.harrogateboutiqueapartments.co.uk/home and had a lovely time, just five minutes walk into Harrogate.

Oohhaveabanana Mon 08-Dec-14 07:47:25

These look nice too and very central. Next to Valley Gardens rasmusliving

Namechangeyetagaintohide Mon 08-Dec-14 07:48:13

You don't need a hot tub - go to the Turkish baths instead smile

triplets Sat 27-Dec-14 23:54:46

still looking.......don`t want a travel lodge, nothing too formal, somewhere with a nice relaxing atmosphere and good value?

triplets Mon 29-Dec-14 23:30:33

Booked the Brasserie today, 2 bedroom apartment, full English and dinner inc £210 for three of us, and live jazz! So looking forward to going as I have been ill with a flu bug all Christmas! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now