Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for special weekend break abroad?

(3 Posts)
beachysandy75 Fri 05-Dec-14 12:07:35

Hello,

I am planning a surprise long weekend away for my husband's 40th early next year. Has anyone got any ideas? We have been to Paris and some Italian cities so would like to try somewhere different. Maybe an Eastern European city, Scandinavian city or Berlin.

Would like a city that is pretty easy to get around by public transport and easy to get to from the airport. If you have any hotel recommendations that would be great too. Would love to book a really luxurious hotel so maybe Eastern Europe would be the cheapest option for this?

Thanks for your help!

Onykahonie Fri 19-Dec-14 20:15:35

Amsterdam! Went there this year for our wedding anniversary and had an amazing time. We stayed in the Grand Hotel Amrath, booked through booking.com (I think!) and then emailed to request a canal view. We got upgraded to a junior suite.
My www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g188590-d618996-r227104522-Grand_Hotel_Amrath_Amsterdam-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html#REVIEWS review here.

madwomanacrosstheroad Fri 19-Dec-14 20:23:44

Go to Budapest and see if you can get a good deal in one of the old grand hotels. The gellert is probably the most famous and has the baths on site. However it can be a bit shabby and you see the eastern European historic heritage. Same with the Astoria. So don't expect western luxory standards. You can get dated grandeur and flair at a good price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now