Talk

Advanced search

Hotel for 10th anniversary near interesting village or town

(5 Posts)
silversixpence Tue 18-Nov-14 21:09:02

I want to book a really special child free break for our 10th anniversary, ideally within 2 hours of London (we are in SE London so kent/surrey/sussex ideal). Our budget is up to £160 a night for 2 nights. Ideally we'd want to have dinner on one night in a good restaurant (at the hotel if possible) and spend one day wandering in a pretty town or village.

holeinmyheart Tue 18-Nov-14 22:16:50

Solamons Estate Kent. Google it. Lovely rooms, beautiful grounds and in the heart of Kent. We stayed there last year and it was beautiful. Tonbridge Wells Mecure Hotel was lovely too as I like swimming.

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 14:18:05

Bath spa hotel in bath. Don't know room price. That should only be two hours on train.

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 14:22:22

Dorset is about a two hour drive. Shaftesbury stay with a day trip to Glastonbury is lovely.

Another day in Salisbury. Lots of little cottages in area which might do a nice weekend break at budget price this. Time of year.

silversixpence Tue 02-Dec-14 11:14:31

Thank you I will keep a note for future weekend breaks - we have decided to go to Marrakech instead for a long weekend to relive our honeymoon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now