Talk

Advanced search

2 or 3 days in Edinburgh...cheap central hotel?

(7 Posts)
tootiredtothink Sat 22-Mar-14 15:15:03

Is there such a thing? Want a central hotel as won't have transport but can't pay more than £100 for a family room per night...2 adults, 2 dcs.

Trying to come up with ideas for dh's 50th!

Any recommendations on what to do with a 9 & 15yo are also gratefully received thanks.

JeanSeberg Sat 22-Mar-14 18:17:37

www.thegrassmarkethotel.co.uk

Or:

www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/EDIPTI/edinburgh-central-lauriston-place

Roseformeplease Sat 22-Mar-14 18:20:08

We rent out a flat in central Edinburgh - sleeps 6 and walking distance to everything (New Town) and charge £395 for 3 nights low season. Pm me if you want details or dates. You then save on meals etc. Or try Holiday Inn at the top of Leith Walk although rooms are tiny but cheap.

JeanSeberg Sat 22-Mar-14 18:23:04

I've used this company for apartments in Manchester:

www.staycity.com/mobile/edinburgh/?gclid=CMuI5qbhpr0CFYjLtAodR0oAmQ

The Travelodge is fine.

Castle is good. Arthur's Seat. There was a nice cafe that sold endless combinations of hot chocolate and porridge, that my dds enjoyed a lot - can't remember its name though and no idea if it would still be there!

givemeaclue Fri 28-Mar-14 11:25:01

We stayed in a premier inn, it was 10 mins on the train from Central Edinburgh and the train stopped outside hotel and came every 15 mins. Was cheaper than staing in Edinburgh centre but very easy

Budgiegirlbob Tue 01-Apr-14 20:39:34

Travelodge! We've booked 3 nights in a centrally located Travelodge just before Christmas for £30 per room per night. Obviously won't be fancy, but as long as it's clean, we don't need any more than that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now