Talk

Advanced search

no anal sex at centre parcs needed....

(21 Posts)
febel Tue 18-Mar-14 18:05:30

So, am hunting for info on Centre Parcs (Sherwood Forest) and come across this thread!

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1385104-Center-Parcs-Anal-sex

Well, luckily DH loves C-Parcs so no bribery needed!
But seriously...not been for quite a few years..any tips anyone? says can't get into pool until 2pm on day we arrive...is this true? Cos we will set off later if that's the case. Kids all older than last time, old teenagers and above. Do you have to get to pool v early to get chairs (DH likes to sit with book...and we don't mind cos he can guard the stuff!)
Takeaways seem bit expensive, have budgeted to eat in on first night, out on second, pancake house lunch on the sunday possibley and eat in Sunday night..before rushing out in morning leaving everyone to pack to drop YD at college (not ideal to miss a Monday) Luckily I have day off work..yippee!
Any tips greatly appreciated, not been for about 7 years....

StuntBottom Tue 18-Mar-14 18:09:53

They don't check who goes in and out of the pool so you can get away with going in earlier than 2.00pm.

febel Tue 18-Mar-14 18:15:42

Do you have to log in with an electronic bracelet though? Was old school last time we went...rubber bracelet thing with locker keys on!

Onesieone Tue 18-Mar-14 18:18:55

We go at least once a year. Just got back a few weeks a go and we were able to use out key bracelets from when we arrived at 1130. We were straight in the pool the. Out and I to the lodge.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Mar-14 18:26:49

I roll up at 9:50am on arrival day and am at the pool for opening at 10am.

smearedinfood Tue 18-Mar-14 18:46:10

We are going this weekend couldn't tell whether they have proper ovens or not - anyone know?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Mar-14 18:57:16

Yes they do have proper ovens.

Impatientismymiddlename Tue 18-Mar-14 19:02:00

Yes they have proper ovens , a full sized hob, grill, microwave and all cooking and eating equipment. There is a mini supermarket on site but it is a little more expensive than other supermarkets so take a cool bag with a few of the things you want to eat and put them in the fridge when you arrive.
Worth bearing in mind that there are deals each night in the different restaurants so if you plan around the deals you will save a fair bit on eating out.

febel Tue 18-Mar-14 19:45:56

how do you you find out the deals? Must admit, prob a bit late now to do that...we had a real job to get in at a restaurant on a Saturday night..ended up booking table for 9pm about 5 weeks ago..it was that or 5pm..and as ours are all young adults didn't think they'd appreciate such an early meal! Stocking up on nibbles to keep us going!

Impatientismymiddlename Tue 18-Mar-14 20:04:35

You can look at the menus on the internet and they list the deals in them. Usually BOGOF on certain nights. Even if you struggle to get in the restaurant of your choice, you might be able to get a BOGOF takeaway.

smearedinfood Tue 18-Mar-14 21:08:34

Thank you!

febel Tue 18-Mar-14 21:26:48

Thank you..though may give the takeaways a miss at the weekend....the Chinese one for the amount of meals we need would be £89!!!!!!! Think my lot would rather spend that much on something else, like an activity!

supadupapupascupa Tue 18-Mar-14 21:30:30

no bracelet key things at sherwood (well there wasn't last may!) we're going at easter and intend to be in the pool before lunch grin

TheBitterBoy Tue 18-Mar-14 21:48:54

I would avoid the takeaways, not a patch on a proper local curry or Chinese and hugely overpriced. I'd rather have another meal out.

febel Thu 20-Mar-14 10:54:38

I am presuming no washing up liquid or tea towels provided? couldn't see on the list that it was...and unfortunately they are things we will need! Oh for a hotel!!

Impatientismymiddlename Thu 20-Mar-14 13:29:02

I think you get a tea towel and a single use sachet of washing up liquid. If you are in a lodge with a dishwasher then you get one dishwasher tablet as well. I think you get a dishcloth or small scourer as well.
We usually take a few tablets for the dishwasher as we have breakfast in the lodge and then Bung everything in the dishwasher. We always go out for dinner so just use the dishwasher once a day.
If you booked anything except the basic level accommodation then you get bath towels included, otherwise you have to pay to hire them or bring your own. You are not supposed to use CP towels at the pool though so will need to take your own or take a £1 coin and use the body dryers which saves lugging around heavy wet towels.
I wish I was going to CP some time soon.

febel Thu 20-Mar-14 17:12:33

Thanks so much, will adjust my packing accordingly...had forgotten we had a dishwasher so will look out some tablets!
May be a spare bed in our lodge as my dear YD has had a huge row with us today and gone off saying she isn't coming anyway. The joy of 16 year olds.... All the more room for us then DH says....

Impatientismymiddlename Fri 21-Mar-14 17:47:26

Be sure to post updates on social media showing all the fun that you are having if the 16 year old continues to sulk and stays away from the holiday. She won't do it next time.

supadupapupascupa Sat 22-Mar-14 17:10:31

not much chance unless you paid for wifi.....quite difficult to get a signal....

Impatientismymiddlename Sun 23-Mar-14 08:41:34

I always get a signal in the sports centre or the main centre at whinfell forest, not in the lodges though or most outdoor areas.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 23-Mar-14 09:25:14

I've always got a good 3G signal at Sherwood. Enough to use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the ipad. Am on orange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now