Talk

Advanced search

Europe weekend away suggestions

(13 Posts)
FelixFelix Tue 18-Mar-14 15:12:52

I'm looking for suggestions for a weekend away in Europe for a group of girls, early 20's. Needs to be as cheap as possible! Looking to go late September and flying from midlands/the north. Can't be Paris or Barcelona as some of the group have been recently.

Any suggestions of good, lively cities with lots to do? I suggested Berlin but others aren't convinced hmm

lilolilmanchester Sun 23-Mar-14 08:41:06

Some of the 'airport' towns you wouldn't think of are fab e.g. Palma; Alicante. Valencia also lovely but didn't see it at night to know how lively it is

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 23-Mar-14 08:44:57

Amsterdam / Rotterdam

Budapest

Nice

Bonsoir Sun 23-Mar-14 08:50:44

Florence

BriocheBriocheBrioche Sun 23-Mar-14 09:00:56

Berlin is great I went in January and loved every minute.
Pretty cheap, great museums, cool bars and restaurants and the city has been through so much its hard not to fall in love with it.

Florence is a great suggestion.

Nice is great but not really cheap when it comes to eating and drinking, although there are lots of other places around to visit, ie Monaco, Cannes.
(if they do decide on Nice, pm me. I live in that area so can help find some budget friendly hostels/restaurants etc.)

How about:
Krakow
Budapest
Dubrovnik
Naples

TheRedQueen Sun 23-Mar-14 09:04:12

Munich for Oktoberfest. You would need to book very soon though as accomodation gets expensive.

Bearcat Tue 25-Mar-14 15:55:38

DH & I have just come back from Krakow.
Cost less than £400 for 2 for 3 nights B&B.
We stayed in the Jewish Quarter and there were loads of bars & restaurants.
Cocktails were about £3.50.
Food was all lovely and very, very inexpensive.
The Town Square is stunning. Lots of bars & restaurants here too, but we never walked back there in the evening because the JQ was such a busy lively place to be.
Went to Auchwitz, Schindlers Factory (both very moving) and to the Salt Mines.
Taxi (6 seater minibus) cost about £16 one way for two of us, must be even cheaper if more of you are involved.

Bearcat Tue 25-Mar-14 15:58:28

Sorry, that should have said taxi from airport.
We stayed in Spatz Hotel. Very clean, friendly & helpful.
Has a Mexican restaurant although we didn't use it, but it was very popular.

ForalltheSaints Sat 29-Mar-14 10:45:23

If not Berlin, Antwerp.

HermioneWeasley Sat 29-Mar-14 10:48:39

Amsterdam, Madrid, hamburg,

mrsnec Sat 29-Mar-14 11:05:38

Couple of unusual suggestions, Valetta, Antalya or Istanbul.

Chloebw Sun 30-Mar-14 20:23:25

I'm back today from Krakow as a frequent traveller this is the second best holiday I have had to Rome (pricey). Really cheap, friendly, beautiful and a safe drinking atmosphere

zanz1bar Tue 01-Apr-14 23:44:29

Lisbon

Cheap, loads to see, lots of nightlife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now