Talk

Advanced search

Unexpected night in Central London - hotel recommendations?

(8 Posts)
CharleyBarleyboobear Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:45

Hi, have an unexpected child free night available to stay in London with DH next weekend. Looking for a hotel within walking distance of Westminster/Waterloo.

Up to about �250 for nice place, ideally buffet breakfast and nice but not too posh and stuffy if that makes sense. When we usually go we take the children so never look much further than the budgets. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Had a look at St Ermin, Caxton st and the Park Plazas at County Hall and Westminster bridge. Any thoughts? Trip Advisor is giving too much choice and I'm feeling overwhelmed! Thanks.

tribpot Sat 15-Mar-14 16:48:37

We've stayed at the Doubletree Hilton at Westminster - this was lovely and the staff could not have been more helpful. The standard rooms are not massive (as you'd expect in a London hotel) but for your budget you could go for one of the larger rooms.

Last time we were in London we stayed at the Grange St Paul's - outside your area but I thought I would throw it in as it was fab (we may have got lucky as they quite heavily discount the rooms at weekends and there was at least one hen party staying there). Great swimming pool as well which was a real bonus.

Park Plaza Westminster I've stayed in on business and didn't like. I got an executive room and there was masses of space, a separate living room area but on the corridor side of the room so no natural light. It was freezing cold and the room had the most enormous picture of a woman who looked like Sade - like literally the face was 6 feet high on the wardrobe. Seriously odd.

Btw, if you get a chance to eat at Canteen at the South Bank Centre, do. Bloody lovely.

CharleyBarleyboobear Sun 16-Mar-14 22:22:17

Thanks, I'll take a look at those

plusonemore Sun 16-Mar-14 22:24:17

premier inn nearest to london eye is fantastic

ShebaQueen Sun 16-Mar-14 22:28:10

I recommend the Cavendish in Jermyn Street. Like tribpot says, London hotel rooms are not huge but the service at the Cavendish is fab and location is ideal. Hope you enjoy your child free night wherever you stay!

MissPlumBroughtALadder Sun 16-Mar-14 22:30:17

Loved One Aldwych. Gorgeous breakfast.

smellylittleorange Sun 16-Mar-14 23:23:54

Really liked the London Marriott County Hall, you can get Riverview rooms and people watch those on South bank , we had a special table for our anniversary in Gilrays their steak place and they reserved it for us at brekkie too. They have better deals on own website. We got Riverview queen room dinner bed and breakfast for £199 in July/Aug

MmeMorrible Sun 16-Mar-14 23:44:29

I stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge a few weeks ago & it was lovely. Ask for a city suite, these are larger rooms accessed via a special set of lifts off the main foyer. The rooms have a lounge area with sofa and a tiny kitchenette area. Bathrooms very nice with Elemis goodies. And the finishing touch - a private terrace of your own so you can sip your chilled wine outside overlooking the Thames.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now