Talk

Advanced search

romantic weekend getaway but with nightlife and places to visit during the day

(11 Posts)
mumof2aimingfor3 Sun 16-Feb-14 14:31:30

I have been scouring the web desperately trying to find a long weekend destination for myself and fiancé to go to.

We have two children already and im currently 26 weeks pregnant with no3. We never have time to ourselves and our relationship is suffering to the point that nearly called it a day. We have spent the last few days away from each other to get our heads straight and we want to try and make this work, fresh start and all that. Admittedly I haven't gone into details of how bad things had got but it didn't involve cheating on either side so there is hope for us yet!

So the requirements are:
2/3 night stay
Romantic, not a premier inn!
Preferably adult only accommodation but not a necessity.
South of England/Wales anything below Liverpool/Sheffield basically.
Not worried about cost but obviously not silly expensive
Good night life nearby
Places to go during day nearby, couples spa or somewhere interesting to visit

Please advise ladies xx

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 16-Feb-14 14:33:02

Bristol. Two Marriotts in the city centre, great night life and everyone is just so bloody nice there!

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 16-Feb-14 14:33:22

Oh and only a short jaunt to Bath (spa)

Froblawd Sun 16-Feb-14 14:34:22

We've just booked a short break to Bath and another the the New Forest.

mumof2aimingfor3 Sun 16-Feb-14 15:33:04

I looked at both barh and the new forest, nothig is standing out to me though sad going to have a nosey at the two marriotts, thank you.

mumof2aimingfor3 Sun 16-Feb-14 15:33:22

Barh? Bath

oranges Sun 16-Feb-14 15:34:53

Brighton?

MonsterMunchMe Sun 16-Feb-14 15:39:16

Brighton is lovely. Stay in sea spray or snooze. Nice reastaurants, good mix of bars/pubs/clubs. Shops to wander around during the day and the beach to have nice lunch. Hve afternoon tea at de veres? Hotel on the kings road. That's a lovely hotel to stay in as well.

mumof2aimingfor3 Sun 16-Feb-14 19:22:42

Bump

Froblawd Sun 16-Feb-14 19:43:05

The Gower?

Mandy21 Sun 16-Feb-14 19:47:20

York? Gorgeous place, lots going on , central for walking / shopping / spas. Lots of boutiquey type hotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now