Talk

Advanced search

3 days in Prague - recommendations please

(11 Posts)
fussychica Sat 15-Feb-14 14:33:48

Off to Prague next week for a few days. Any recommendations for good, reasonably priced restaurants and must see places welcome. No kids in tow.

bigTillyMint Tue 18-Mar-14 07:59:45

Ooh, we are going at Easter - bumping in anticipation!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 23-Mar-14 16:58:13

Eat honey cake in the Observation Tower. Go on the funicular. Castle is a must. The church with baby Jesus and all his little clothes was my favourite thing!

bigTillyMint Sun 23-Mar-14 19:51:32

Great, thanks!

GingerPCatt Sun 23-Mar-14 19:53:33

Golden tiger pub. I think that's the name.

42notTrendy Sun 23-Mar-14 19:58:46

It's a few years since I've been, but I seem to remember a tram journey that wound up through the city to the castle, a great intro to get your bearings. Just walking around the city was fab.

bigTillyMint Sun 23-Mar-14 20:07:07

Ooh, this is great!

fussychica Mon 24-Mar-14 19:02:44

Well, we've been and I loved it all. Got bus from airport to centre - easy and very cheap.
Stayed at the Astoria hotel - very central, clean and we had a great room with a roof terrace and view of the castle (paid for upgrade). Breakfast excellent.
Great meal at Pasta Fresca and street food totally yum. Prices vary a lot - beer can be 30-100 koruna - castle side of the bridge far cheaper to eat & drink. Jazz club in centre cheap & fun.
Castle highly recommended - you can spread your trip over 2 consecutive days - we didn't but wished we had as there was so much to see. You can also walk up to Petrin Park for amazing free views of the city.
Have put quite a few reviews on Trip Advisor back at the end of Feb.

42notTrendy Mon 24-Mar-14 20:22:53

We ate at a lovely restaurant, near Mala Strana, it was something to do with Maltese Knights! My parents found it again a few years ago, and said it was still good. I've done a quick Google, and I think it's still there with good trip advisor reviews.

Bearcat Tue 25-Mar-14 15:47:21

Tilly.
Do a free walking tour of the centre ( you pay your guide what you think the walk is worth). Our guide was excellent.

bigTillyMint Tue 25-Mar-14 17:35:25

Oh this is fab, thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: