Talk

Advanced search

3 days in Prague - recommendations please

(11 Posts)
fussychica Sat 15-Feb-14 14:33:48

Off to Prague next week for a few days. Any recommendations for good, reasonably priced restaurants and must see places welcome. No kids in tow.

bigTillyMint Tue 18-Mar-14 07:59:45

Ooh, we are going at Easter - bumping in anticipation!

Eat honey cake in the Observation Tower. Go on the funicular. Castle is a must. The church with baby Jesus and all his little clothes was my favourite thing!

bigTillyMint Sun 23-Mar-14 19:51:32

Great, thanks!

GingerPCatt Sun 23-Mar-14 19:53:33

Golden tiger pub. I think that's the name.

42notTrendy Sun 23-Mar-14 19:58:46

It's a few years since I've been, but I seem to remember a tram journey that wound up through the city to the castle, a great intro to get your bearings. Just walking around the city was fab.

bigTillyMint Sun 23-Mar-14 20:07:07

Ooh, this is great!

fussychica Mon 24-Mar-14 19:02:44

Well, we've been and I loved it all. Got bus from airport to centre - easy and very cheap.
Stayed at the Astoria hotel - very central, clean and we had a great room with a roof terrace and view of the castle (paid for upgrade). Breakfast excellent.
Great meal at Pasta Fresca and street food totally yum. Prices vary a lot - beer can be 30-100 koruna - castle side of the bridge far cheaper to eat & drink. Jazz club in centre cheap & fun.
Castle highly recommended - you can spread your trip over 2 consecutive days - we didn't but wished we had as there was so much to see. You can also walk up to Petrin Park for amazing free views of the city.
Have put quite a few reviews on Trip Advisor back at the end of Feb.

42notTrendy Mon 24-Mar-14 20:22:53

We ate at a lovely restaurant, near Mala Strana, it was something to do with Maltese Knights! My parents found it again a few years ago, and said it was still good. I've done a quick Google, and I think it's still there with good trip advisor reviews.

Bearcat Tue 25-Mar-14 15:47:21

Tilly.
Do a free walking tour of the centre ( you pay your guide what you think the walk is worth). Our guide was excellent.

bigTillyMint Tue 25-Mar-14 17:35:25

Oh this is fab, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now