Talk

Advanced search

3 mums,3 nine year olds, 2 nights self catering any ideas? C PArcs too dear!

(4 Posts)
Mond Thu 06-Feb-14 16:10:10

Hi

Three of us mums a met at clinic when our babies were a few days old, and we are now celebrating our 10 day year anniversary !

We want to go away for 2 nights and all stay in a lodge / cottage type place all together (eg. not hotel rooms)

Centre parcs is the obvious choice , but too expensive has anyone got any ideas?

Somewhere with activity would be good, ie pool, or high ropes or near a theme park?

Needs to be 2 hours from London

any ideas????

ReadyisKnitting Thu 06-Feb-14 16:12:07

Have you looked at youth hostels? I used to take the dc when I was on my own, and it was surprisingly family friendly.

ReadyisKnitting Thu 06-Feb-14 16:13:42

Sorry- didn't see you wanted a cottage type place!

EdithWeston Thu 06-Feb-14 16:21:08

Try somewhere near Rutland Water?

Here's an accommodation page

There's water sports and cycling round the reservoir, plus bird-watching (ospreys nest there, or ere's a falconry centre nearby), plus Barnsdale Gardens to visit, or stately homes (Burghley House?) a small but nice museum in Oakham (plus a "castle" that's more like a large barn with horseshoes). Loads of nice pubs with food.

Just over 2 hours drive from central London (straight up A1, turn left just north of Peterborough).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now