Talk

Advanced search

What's butlins like now?

(5 Posts)
daisydee43 Sun 02-Feb-14 16:08:10

Hi

Normally go center parcs but thought we'd try butlins for a change and hopefully a cheaper hol? Had a look on website and bognor is prob the closest but not sure what apartment is best - standard/silver or gold plus what's all the dining deals worth it? Do they have shops and supermarket or do you bring food? What's the restaurants like and do you book? What abt eve entertainment? Have a dd aged 2. Not been there since I was that age wink

Any feedback welcomed xx

daisydee43 Sun 02-Feb-14 19:08:36

Bump

Nevercan Tue 04-Feb-14 21:35:14

I went to The Bognor Regis one last year. I thought the standard stuff looked a bit tired and dated. The silver looked a better quality but I didn't stay there. We stayed in one of the hotels which was really nice. I thinks the food deal was good and they had a good selection. We did, however, find a lovely curry house and Thai restaurant nearby. There is a supermarket onsite which is a bit pricey but there is a massive tesco and Sainsburys a few minutes by car. We stayed a week which was a bit too much for me as it is quite full and noisymbut a long weekend would have been great. Saying that we left the resort for a couple of days and there is some good things to domin the local area. There is loads to do and my two were 1.5 and 3.5 at the time. All the entertainment shows were fun, they liked the funfair and they enjoyed the pool, plus the beach is right nearby if you are lucky with the weather. Sorry I am rambling but hope that helps grin

wannabestressfree Tue 04-Feb-14 21:43:35

Ditto the above. It's great for kids but get the best accommodation you can afford or stay in one of the hotels, they are lovely

FantasticDay Tue 04-Feb-14 21:58:12

Hi. I've been to all three and I love them. Bognor is my least favourite as its smaller and has less facilities - but do try the spa there. It has an ice cave! Most activities (sports, funfair, pool, crafts, fencing) are included and those you pay for (high ropes, climbing wall, bowling etc MUCH cheaper than Centreparcs) say its definitely worth upgrading to premium dining. Standard dining is a bit school dinners-y. Premium is definitely restaurant standard. stayed in silver and gold apartments and been very happy with both. My inlaws loved the hotel at Bognor. The website is very good - please pics of all accommodation types and activities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now