Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me somewhere

(7 Posts)
LottsOfDotts Tue 14-May-13 18:05:16

Got a long weekend off at the beginning of June so I'm looking for somewhere to go. Can be UK or abroad. Would travel as far as Yorkshire or possible Lake District and anywhere in the South. Scotland is a little bit too far unfortunately.

As long as I can fly from Cardiff or Bristol and flight isn't longer than 5 hours its a possibility.

Don't mind what kind of holiday, just want to get away for a few days. Will be going on my own too.

Hot/Cold, Beach/City, I'm open to ideas.

MoonlightandRoses Tue 14-May-13 22:40:53

What kind of budget were you thinking of?

LottsOfDotts Tue 14-May-13 22:51:23

Don't really have one.

MrsCosmopilite Tue 14-May-13 22:57:14

What do you want to do? Relax somewhere, or have an active few days? I've done long weekends in various cities (Paris, Brussels, Brugge, and closer to home, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester and London), but could rack my brains for some other more peaceful locations.

MoonlightandRoses Tue 14-May-13 23:08:22

Well, this place is supberb. Unpretentious, v.good food and general all round relaxing.

If you want to wander further afield the Amadeus in Seville is lovely and Seville itself great for just wandering around on a city week-end. It's also close enough to head out to Cordoba or Grenada on the fast train for the day too.

Have to admit that I am v.jealous - an entire long week-end with just you.

gallicgirl Tue 14-May-13 23:10:44

Southwold in Suffolk? Beach, pier, lovely countryside and lots of Adnams beer.

LottsOfDotts Wed 15-May-13 14:32:23

I don't know what I want to do to be honest. Just found out I might have 10 days off at the end of June too so might save it until then and go a bit further and for longer but it depends what I can find.

Might do a mix of relaxing and city.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now