Talk

Advanced search

Oxford hotel

(6 Posts)
Booksbooksbooks Sun 12-May-13 20:59:45

I'm looking for either a hotel in oxford with parking (walking distance of all the 'sights') or something outside oxford but on a direct train/bus route in for DH's 40th.

Not too worried about eating there as would like to spend day in oxford and eat there one evening but be able to get back to hotel reasonably easily after a few glasses of wine!

Looking at beginning of July and budget is about £150 ish per night.
Thanks for any suggestions.

PoppyWearer Sun 12-May-13 21:02:51

The Old Bank or the Eastgate? Bang in the centre and have parking.

Malmaison for something more special?

Booksbooksbooks Fri 17-May-13 21:30:56

Unfortunately the bank is full but I'll have a look at the eastgate thanks. Malmaison looked nice but £220 and an extra £25 for parking!!! Think I have left it a bit late

Doodledumdums Fri 17-May-13 21:36:23

Have you looked at The Randolph? That is very central, and very lovely! There is also The Old Parsonage, but that is fairly small so may be full already. There is also The Cotswold Lodge which is a bit further along the Banbury Road, but very central.

joanofarchitrave Fri 17-May-13 22:04:21

if I could stay anywhere in Oxford it would be the Tower House on Ship Street, but although I adore it it is a bit 'individual', the rooms are small and one of the reasons I like it is that it reminds me of my granny's house, so it's not for everyone.

For ease and practicality out of Oxford, how about the Holiday Inn Express, v handy for the Park and Ride from Peartree.

joanofarchitrave Fri 17-May-13 22:05:00

oops i've just realised that the tower house has no parking. sorry blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now