Talk

Advanced search

Need to get away after separation

(5 Posts)
speaker Mon 29-Apr-13 23:06:12

Just been through a lengthy painful separation and ex is having our two children for bank holiday. Need to get away. Any ideas please? Love the hills/mountains but don't mind a nice town to explore (maybe near the hills). Hotel or B&B - not sure as not stayed away on my own for a weekend before. All a bit strange but don't want to be in the house on my own and feel I need some space from friends and family too, just some time to reflect I guess. Any thoughts of where would be welcome. Thanks.

newgirl Tue 30-Apr-13 13:11:27

Would you consider a walking weekend - such as hf holidays or similar? Could get your own room but have company on long walks which might be bit risky on own?

Or how about Suffolk coast eg aldebirgh, southward etc - flat but interesting coastline and funky towns

speaker Tue 30-Apr-13 22:31:49

Will look into it, thanks, newgirl.

Where are you and how far are you willing to travel? How about the Peak District?

DeborahWharton Sun 12-May-13 21:54:43

What about a yoga retreat in Dorset in July... I know this location, Gaunts House, and the yoga teacher - both are excellent!

See:
https://www.facebook.com/YogaDeva.SherinShefik

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now