Talk

Advanced search

Do you live a shortish train ride from Oxford and fancy houseswapping for a weekend?

(15 Posts)
Pruni Wed 17-May-06 17:06:22

Message withdrawn

Pruni Wed 17-May-06 17:07:08

Message withdrawn

JackieNo Wed 17-May-06 17:09:04

Shame, and I was going to offer - Didcot's probably our nearest station .

Pruni Wed 17-May-06 17:10:57

Message withdrawn

JackieNo Wed 17-May-06 17:12:45

There's a big Next now, and errr, the Railway Museum (that we've never been to). You could probably do Didcot in 10 minutes. Hope you find something

NotQuiteCockney Wed 17-May-06 17:21:34

Good luck, Pruni. My ILs live in a village north of Oxford ... not sure you're missing much there.

When we are done with building work, we could offer you a couple of bedrooms in lovely villagely east London? Well, ok, it's not villagy or lovely, but it is nice in its way.

Pruni Wed 17-May-06 18:55:25

Message withdrawn

girrafey Wed 17-May-06 19:12:21

ok, may be being dumb here but i dont understand if you want a house in oxford or not to far away?
we have a lovely detached georgian 3 bed in a small town called st. neots that has good rail links to peterborough ( 18 mins) and short drives or buses to cambridge, bedford etc.
the address is cambridgshire so not that far from oxford.
could waffle on for ages about what it has etc but i could be barking up the wrong tree about what you want.

lexiemum Wed 17-May-06 21:30:44

could offer banbury and you could come and see the fine lady!

second thoughts, opt for st neots - there's a good coach service out that way (ends in cambridge) from oxford bus station, have done it.

Pruni Wed 17-May-06 21:34:52

Message withdrawn

girrafey Wed 17-May-06 21:43:25

just be nice to get away for a weekend anywhere that wont cost us anything. we have never donr this before but really like the sound of it. ill sound my dp out and catch up with you tomorrow. x

motherinferior Wed 17-May-06 21:44:56

It's beginning to have ahem overtones of chucking your carkeys in a pile, this, or is that just me?

ChaCha Fri 19-May-06 18:05:57

Pruni, I too live in Oxford. Where are you leaving to and if you ever fancy a meet up...

ChaCha & DS aged 24wks

Filyjonk Fri 19-May-06 18:13:58

well we'd love to come and stay in Oxford! I love Oxford! Dh went to uni there, full of veggie restaurants and filmhouses and bookshops!-its fab!

Sadly, we live in Cardiff so not much help, but honestly, don't undersell oxford!

Gem13 Fri 19-May-06 18:18:40

We'd be interested.

We're on the South coast with a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old.

Will CAT you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: