Talk

Advanced search

2 nights in Reading (Berkshire) what can 2 adults and 2 Children do?

(11 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Wed 14-Sep-11 23:17:48

I am meeting up with a very old dear friend and 2 of my DD's, we are staying in a travel lodge just off the M4.

What can we do?? DD's are 11 and 14. They are both very relaxed children and will be happy to do anything as long as they are doing something!

It will be the last weekend in September.

Thanks

mynaughtylittlesister Wed 14-Sep-11 23:43:03

Also I want to keep it a secret from my youngest DD as she has been moaning loads that we have not seen said friend - what excuse could I use?????

mynaughtylittlesister Sat 17-Sep-11 21:44:15

bump

mynaughtylittlesister Sun 25-Sep-11 22:31:54

bump its next weekend smile

Lizcat Mon 26-Sep-11 16:43:09

They are girls so I guess Shopping is fairly high on their list - Reading has a good range of shops etc.

madwomanintheattic Mon 26-Sep-11 16:45:18

wellington country park

madwomanintheattic Mon 26-Sep-11 16:45:35

(ie, get out of reading. wink)

billgrangersrisotto Mon 26-Sep-11 17:03:49

Lots of nice shops and restaurants in the town centre (oracle) if you like that sort of thing. If not, walk by the river (park up next to holiday inn on the bridge over to caversham) and go for food in the griffin pub (across the bridge). You can also take a boat ride.

Beale park is nice (animals to look at as well as nice walks) as is Wellington country park. Legoland is close by at windsor. Windsor also has the castle, etc. But it's too busy for me there tbh.

If you're foodie you could go to Bray and eat at the hinds head (Heston blumenthals pub).

Henley on Thames nice for a mooch around and also lots of nice places for lunch. Walk by the river, or hire a pedalo.

That's all I can think of for now. Be prepared for LOTS of traffic in the city centre, but an otherwise nice time. People take the piss out of Reading but it's okay really.

mynaughtylittlesister Mon 26-Sep-11 22:31:36

Wow thanks!

stealthsquiggle Mon 26-Sep-11 22:39:00

Reading is OK really - much maligned. Plenty of shopping, and if you don't fancy any of the chains go and eat pies at sweeneys

soymama Mon 26-Sep-11 22:57:29

When I go to Reading I go to The Manor House in Prospect Park for a nice meal. After I take DS to the play park ( on the right as you drive in)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now