Talk

Advanced search

Trying to book a hotel room for five! Computer says NO

(10 Posts)
urbanproserpine Wed 07-Sep-11 22:06:31

Want to book a break abroad as my son is five, my twin boys are three, and we haven't been abroad at all with them. Plenty of luck in UK getting hotels to accommodate three small kids in a family room: they are usually happy to find a camp bed when you call them, BUT - computer says a firm NO to finding us any hotel+flight packages as there are simply no five person rooms listed. Ever.

I really want to get a package as I can't imagine getting stranded with them all and not covered (for instance if an airport nightmare then separate hotel and flights means less cover/help). I can't book a hotel for four and call after as the package would then only give four plane tickets, and if I look for five people, as I said, no hotels...
I'd be happy with two interconnecting rooms, but hotels won't guarantee that either.

Ay ideas? Want to go to Paris, poss this weekend, stay central. Also happy to go Eurostar as might be less hassle overall.
Hotel recommendations gladly accepted
Jessica

wonkylegs Wed 07-Sep-11 22:15:27

Is there any packages for serviced apartments? We just booked one for our stay in London as we didn't want to share a room with DS but he's only 3 so this was the best way.
I'm pretty sure they did them abroad too but I can't for the life of me remember the company ... I'll try to look it up and come back

wonkylegs Wed 07-Sep-11 22:30:25

I've just looked at expedia you can get bookings for 5 in one room / apartment with flights / Eurostar to Paris on there - you might want to try
Good luck

urbanproserpine Thu 08-Sep-11 12:02:13

Aha, perhaps it's because I am looking at v short notice. Also just been on a v stressful 'holiday' self catering so not apartments for us I think. Spent whole week doing what I do all week anyway, washing, changing wet clothes, mopping floor, and emptying dishwashers. Save me!

wonkylegs Thu 08-Sep-11 12:29:20

Serviced apartments rather than bog standard holiday apartments quite often come attached to hotels allowing you to use their restaurants etc but also having the flexibility of a bit more space + a kitchen. Have a look you might be surprised what you find

Rosa Thu 08-Sep-11 12:42:00

Many travel comps - the big ones just don't put 5 on the system . You might be best actually calling them say what you want and then get them to e amil you back the options . Say you are calling ** list a few other operators so they might get back to you faster. ( It worked with me ).

franke Thu 08-Sep-11 12:45:23

Have you tried this website?

urbanproserpine Thu 08-Sep-11 14:22:35

Oooh, nice link, thanks. Yep, apartment attached to hotel is def my ideal world

beachyhead Thu 08-Sep-11 14:26:01

We just search for 4 and then ask for a Z bed directly with the hotel...or adjoining rooms.....

mummymeister Sat 10-Sep-11 17:55:41

We are 5 and it is always a nightmare booking something. most hotels won't show they do it on their website so you need to contact them directly. Once the youngest are over 2 as yours are then they won't let them go into a cot either. appartments are a better idea or self catering. now our kids are out of cots we have to book 2 travelodge rooms and don't get me started on family tickets which means 2+2 - what, are we not a family then!! There is a website called something like take5 - just google it and see what you come up with. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now