Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for places to eat in Brighton

(7 Posts)
MillieMummy Thu 21-Jul-11 20:19:22

Can anyone recommend some nice places to eat in Brighton please? DP and are are having some 'time off' and want to know where to go . We need:

A pub for lunch with an outdoor eating area.

Somewhere for a nice meal in the evening - not a 'chain' place, somewhere with some atmosphere. Not too worried about the type of food (except Indian), and happy to pay up to £80 for the two of us.

We will be on foot and staying in the centre of town.

MillieMummy Thu 21-Jul-11 20:27:16

Pleeease grin.

nancy75 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:29:30

I am trying to think of some nice places!
I can recomend that you give the jamie oliver place a miss - it was awful.

There is one called Havana we have had nice sunday lunch there, and a nice restaurant called Sam's at seven dials.

i don't live in Brighton so don't know too many

MillieMummy Thu 21-Jul-11 20:30:42

Thanks - will have a look at Havana.

EmmaRoyd Thu 18-Aug-11 22:19:48

have heard great things about terre-a-terre vegetarian restaurant. So good you don't have to be a veggie to eat there. AA Gill gave it a brilliant review in the Times and he never says anything nice about anywhere!

jetgirl Thu 18-Aug-11 22:29:29

It's about a year since I was in Brighton, but I love Donatello's - a lovely Italian, and Food for Friends, a great vegetarian restaurant. Both should be googleable. My sister used to live in Brighton, I'll see if she can suggest any more (she still visits friends there regularly).

KarenG Wed 24-Aug-11 21:46:41

Murasaki at Seven Dials (Japanese tapas) - I wouldn't recommend Sam's myself as had food poisoning after pate there. They declined to respond when I emailed them even though I wasn't really complaining, I wanted to let them know in case their storage policy needed changing. Chimney House or Blenios (both on Toptable) and near to Seven Dials. Terre a Terre is nice. Central pub - we like the Windmill in upper North St as it's funky and the food is good and cheap, but the outside area is really for smokers. I can't really think of any central Brighton pubs where you'd want to eat in the garden, they are all pretty much smoking areas. Regency fish restaurant on the sea front - has outside tables, as do lots of the restaurants and tend to be more open than some of the small enclosed pub gardens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now