Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend somewhere healthy for a weekend break please?

(4 Posts)
SherlockHolmes Fri 01-Jul-11 13:24:11

DH has been ill recently, and we had planned to go away for a weekend of lovely dinners and lots of wine. However, he has been told to cut down on all of this, so our planned weekend is on hold. I was wondering though if there is anywhere like a posh hotel but geared towards healthy eating and exercise? I've looked at a few spas but they seem to be more beauty treatments etc, whereas I was hoping for something a bit more health-farmy if that makes sense!

Prefer England, but could do Wales at a push (Scotland a bit too far for a weekend.

thanks in advance - any other suggestions also gratefully received grin

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 19:14:38

Umm you could always go to Centerparcs and only eat at the spa.

MerylStrop Fri 01-Jul-11 19:20:17

Ragdale is a spa and yes, there is an emphasis on beauty stuff and going round in a dressing gown - but it has great pools, beautiful grounds, golf, bike riding, and I had some of the most delicious - healthy - food there. I bet other spas are similar. There is a place in Lancashire that is more of a health farm but it seemed a touch austere....

pipsy76 Fri 05-Aug-11 18:28:35

the ickworth park hotel nr bury st edmunds is situaed in a national trust park; lots of lovely walks, bike hire and an indoor pool, great in autumn as the woodland is lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now