Talk

Advanced search

has anyone tried feather down farm days?

(10 Posts)
tostaky Thu 30-Jun-11 21:15:34

Because i have just ordered the brochure and it looks lovely...
which farm did you go to and how was it?

thanks!!

JackieFazal Thu 30-Jun-11 21:18:54

i never knew something like this existed but it looks fantastic smile do let us know how it is if you go smile

Thefoxsbrush Tue 05-Jul-11 22:10:43

I stayed at dolphinholme farm and everything was just as the brochures described. Even though it rained constantly it was one of the best family holidays we've ever been on. Hoping to try countryhousehideaways next year

tostaky Thu 07-Jul-11 12:14:49

Thanks - we've booked New Barn, im really excited!!! although i was a bit hmm about all the transaction fees/cancellation fees/ bed linen fee etc... it is a premium holiday, not a no-frills Ryanair-type of thing
when i book into a hotel, i dont have to pay extra for bed sheets!!!

is there a fridge in the tent? ie how do you store milk for the little ones? or do you have to buy anything fresh from the shop everyday?

turkeyboots Thu 07-Jul-11 14:04:29

We stayed in one in the Malvern Hills, was lovely! They have a cool box, and fresh milk is usually available on site. Going again this Aug and really looking forward to it.

DottyDot Sun 17-Jul-11 17:23:05

we haven't done a featherdown farm, but we did stay in one of these in April for 3 nights (the one in Lancashire) and it was amazing. Really fantastic and we all loved it - it helped that April was particularly hot and dry this year - 3 nights in a canvas tent in the pouring rain might have felt a bit different... grin

Would definitely go again and keep fingers crossed for good weather. The best bit for us was the wood burning stove - just great to have it blazing away and ds1(9) really took to looking after it. Dp also coped with the whole being-in-a-tent - mainly due to lovely beds and duvets! grin

Witherhills Wed 28-Sep-11 23:52:38

Yes, loved it, going again definitely
We went to cheddar gorge one, new this year

My mate has been twice, in Dorset - her pics looked as good as the brochure, the family had a fantastic time. I am hoping we can do it next year.

huffythethreadslayer Thu 20-Oct-11 18:05:48

We've done Dolphinholme twice. My daughter said it was the best holiday she'd ever been on, so despite it being really overpriced for camping, we went again this year and took her best mate with us. They had a blast and it rained all the time we were there too smile It is a complete contrast to most holidays as it's laid back beyond reason; the sites are uncluttered and usually have a point of interest (goats in Dolphonholme's case) and the kids get to run free. I've heard it described as being a bit of an Enid Blyton holiday! And I can relate to that. We found it cold the first time we went, though, and the woodburning stove takes yonks to heat up, so we took a camping gas heater and a camping stove. Makes it nicer if you can just grab a cup of coffee quickly rather than having to wait for the stove to heat up!

CristinaaarghdellAaarghPizza Thu 20-Oct-11 18:06:03

Haven't you read the thread about how awful FDF were to one MNer in the summer? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now