Talk

Advanced search

Bruges with toddler and 4-month-old in August

(5 Posts)
Kreonia Sun 12-Jun-11 17:51:12

Hello everyone!
my husband and I would like to drive to Bruges with our girls (2 yr-old and 4 month old) in August. Has anybody been there with children this age and know of decent hostels with family rooms? Not to mention toddler-friendly activities...
thanks!

RuthChan Mon 13-Jun-11 15:24:36

Don't know about hotels there, but as an activity, I can recommend a horse and carriage ride around the city centre.
It's a great way to see some of the central sites without having to walk and the children will love it.
It takes about 30 mins and the driver will give you a tour in English as you go.
I recommend doing it as early in the day as possible as the queues get quite long later on.

Kreonia Wed 15-Jun-11 14:46:41

thanks, Ruth!

Camping Memling is in the city centre. It is a camp site but also has some static caravans, a trekkers hut and a gypsy caravan to hire.

The facilities are nice and clean, there is a woodland at the back, cheap supermarkets and quick burger across the main road outside and a lido next to it too. For when you get bored of eating all that choccy!

www.campingmemling.be/

Sorry posted too fast....we loved it, stayed last year and are going back in August too.

Ooh and the ice cream van visits everyday with home made Ice cream in Belgian Waffles! Nom nom...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now