Talk

Advanced search

Fab/Romantic place to stay in York (or elsewhere in North Yorkshire)

(12 Posts)
SprogletCooking Fri 06-May-11 10:01:39

Hi all,

We're looking to book our first weekend away without DS (and before DC number 2 arrives)! We don't want to be too far away from the GP's who are kindly babysitting and fancy staying somewhere a bit more special than we would usually look for.

Thanks!!!

Moulesfrites Fri 06-May-11 10:05:41

Here, haven't been myself but have heard great things from friends....

www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/the-feversham-arms-hotel-and-verbena-spa

munstersmum Fri 06-May-11 10:08:17

This is where I would like to be taken!

http://www.thestaratharome.co.uk/

ProfYaffle Fri 06-May-11 10:10:03

Don't go to The Golden Fleece!

SybilBeddows Fri 06-May-11 10:12:58

this is where we want to go next. The setting is incredible, the valley feels like going back in time. But you may be after something posher and more formal than a working farm.

SybilBeddows Fri 06-May-11 10:13:46

oops, wrong link B&B link

SprogletCooking Fri 06-May-11 14:01:23

Thanks for all the suggestions! Will definitely be looking at those sites in more detail!

Not sure if I can really justify £400 on a weekend away (need to talk to DH and set a budget I think)... anyone know of any lovely B&B's that might be a bit cheaper?

SybilBeddows Fri 06-May-11 14:16:08

we went to this one at Ampleforth. Really, really nice.

it looks like just a 70s house in the pic but it's a beautifully designed one, full of lovely antiques, with a great view, and run very professionally. We had dinner there too, which was excellent. definitely recommended.

COCKadoodledooo Fri 06-May-11 14:25:16

Would you consider self catering? The Forest Holiday lodges in Keldy are fantastic - they also have private hot tubs on the verandah grin

bluesky Fri 13-May-11 21:53:04

Not sure if you've found anything yet, but we really like 17 Burgate B&B in Pickering. Would definitely go back. (www.17burgate.co.uk)

Agree that if you have the budget, Feversham Arms and The Star are the places to go. Star if you want peace and quiet, rural location. Feversham for being in a market town.

cer100 Wed 15-Jun-11 20:32:37

Have you though about beverley? it is lovely and there are some nice cottages that do short breaks all year round with arrival any day www.broadgatefarmcottages.co.uk

Thefoxsbrush Tue 05-Jul-11 22:13:32

Griffin forest lodges in York are so beautiful and tranquil and some have a hot tub! Or you could try the crab manor in thirsk- it has an amazing seafood restaurant and a hidden beer tap! If you wanted central York you can't go wrong with the York Hilton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now