Talk

Advanced search

paris - moulin rouge

(5 Posts)
kiwibella Mon 01-Nov-10 12:59:16

I'm planning a weekend trip with my dh for his big birthday. Has anyone been to Moulin Rouge and recommend it or are there other options that might be better or you preferred more?

caspered Mon 01-Nov-10 19:28:31

Hi
my sister has just come back from Paris and she also booked the moulin Rouge as a surprise. It cost in the region of £900 (there were 6 of them) and although the food was lovely the 'show' was so terrible that they walked out. In my sisters words the men were soooo camp that they could have just been in a drag bar in Soho and everybody danced out of time with each other and not in time to the music. In her opinion she had seen a better show at 'Pontins' about 10 years ago!! She had a fabulous time otherwise and I will quite happily get some restaurant recomendations if you want them. (It was her DH big birthday as well!) Sorry if this is not what you want to hear sad

choufleur Mon 01-Nov-10 19:31:05

What about Folies bergere instead?

kiwibella Mon 01-Nov-10 19:54:58

thanks for the suggestion, choufleur and the review, caspered!! I'm sure MR is popular because it is most well known.

After starting my thread, I found the other Paris one that is running and luciemule's suggestion of the Lido de Paris. I'll check them both out now!

Hooey Mon 22-Nov-10 12:33:59

Just thought I'd reply as well because my experience couldn't have been more different to caspered's sister. I LOVED the Moulin Rouge when I went last year. It was exactly what I'd hoped it'd be and so much more. Yes it is camp but then I thought it would be and yes they do dance with practically no clothes on but it is vibrant, colourful and brilliant. It is expensive but there are different show times (the latest one may be cheaper) but I feel it was definitely worth the money.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: