Talk

Advanced search

Thank you gifts

(5 Posts)
Floopy21 Tue 28-Jul-09 11:55:00

Hi, does anyone have a brill idea for a thank you gift for the parents? The room will be full of flowers, so it seems silly to get anyone any more. I guess we have about £100 budget & I really wanted to get something that would reflect how brilliant they've been & how much we appreciate it.

TIA!

notsoteenagemum Tue 28-Jul-09 12:19:52

I went through the attic when they were on holiday and got lots of photos, drawings I did as a child and drawings my dc had done, and got one of those photo books done. I included 'family sayings' and quotes from stories my Dad used to read when I was little.
My Dad actually cried when he looked through it and Mum keeps it in pride of place on the coffee table.

KembleTwins Tue 28-Jul-09 12:25:20

We got a night in a nice hotel, to force them to take time out and relax. We booked for a week or so after the wedding, once things had calmed down a bit. Went down very well. My sister got them a lovely album of photos from the wedding. I think our idea was better. wink

Floopy21 Tue 28-Jul-09 14:54:12

Thank you for your ideas, much appreciated. Anymore floating about?

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 28-Jul-09 14:56:47

We bought lovely cyrstal vases for the mums (and flowers).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now