Talk

Advanced search

Veil with short hair?

(10 Posts)
geordieminx Sat 25-Jul-09 20:51:34

I have short hair similar to this - sadly not as nice, or as pretty.

I'm getting married in october, hotel wedding, and although I have bought a beautiful hair band, I'm starting to toy with the idea of a veil. I had discounted it as I thought it wouldnt work with short hair - any thoughts?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 25-Jul-09 21:06:13

It can work if you wear a tiara (but the best sort is a short back veil which flows from the top of the tiara). Go to a bridal shop and try a few on, they will have some ideas.

siouxsiesiouxandthebanshees Sat 25-Jul-09 21:08:09

What about a stunning fascinator (sp) or would that be more guest than bride?

geordieminx Sat 25-Jul-09 21:13:18

this is the hairband I have, which I love, so wont be changing it grin

Just wondering whether it would work with a veil?

PortBlacksandResident Sat 25-Jul-09 21:17:07

Yes i think that hair and band would look very pretty with a veil (not too heavy).

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 25-Jul-09 21:24:57

I had somehing very similar (both to your hair and hairband) and I wore a light veil.

The hairdresser twiddled and pinned some hair on the top of my head that the comb on the veil gripped on to. It stayed very firmly put, in fact was a bugger to get out!

geordieminx Sat 25-Jul-09 21:54:31

I suppose the only way yo find out is to take tiara to bridal shop and try one (or 7) on wink

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 25-Jul-09 21:56:12

Hi geordie grin

I think short veils (think they're called birdcage veils ?) look great with short hair..... will see if I can find a pic

geordieminx Sat 25-Jul-09 22:02:52

Cant believe it took you over an hour to get here Tilly! wink

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 25-Jul-09 22:08:44

Give me a break - I've just got back from hols grin

veil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now