Talk

Advanced search

Weddings abroad-where and how?

(5 Posts)
sammysam Wed 08-Jul-09 12:40:49

Just looking into weddings in other countries-where did you get married?, what kind of price and what did it include? and would you do the same again?

MadameCastafiore Wed 08-Jul-09 12:46:16

A friend used these and she said they were fab! here

Have been to the Amalfi coast a few times and is breathtaking - Ravello is a nicer place to stay IMO than Amalfi but that is because it is quieter and you can always get a bus down to Amalfi - you can visit Sorrento, Positano, Capri - have a wonderful time really.

If you get married in the big church in Amalfi there is a wedding procession afterwards in which all the traders will give you moneyor a gift which is NICE!

Good luck where ever you choose.

jollyjoanne Wed 08-Jul-09 12:57:41

I got married in the Empire State Building, through Kuoni, spent 5 days in NY and 5 days in Vegas. It was fab and would definitely do it again. There were loads of options which you could have included with the holiday / wedding and Kuoni were really nice people.

racmac Wed 08-Jul-09 13:37:23

I got married in New York and organised everything myself - dh's uncle was a priest there so he married us.

It was fab just wish we'd left the in laws at home!

sammysam Fri 17-Jul-09 08:52:42

Thank you!
How did it work not having any/many friends and family there? Did it cause issues?

I love the idea of the Amalfi coast-I love Italy-would have to make sure we only got there just before the wedding though as I'd be the size of a house otherwise!!!!

Anyone had their wedding somewhere a bit tropical?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now