Talk

Advanced search

Should I be worried about 2021 wedding?

(7 Posts)
bfordmama Wed 27-May-20 08:45:42

Our wedding is booked for the end of April 2021. I’ve seen blogs telling people not to reschedule for Spring 2021 because the pandemic will still be ongoing. I’ve seen some horrible venues saying if the govt. says they can provide a wedding for even 10 people social distanced then they won’t allow rescheduling. What are the chances that we’ll have to postpone/choose my favourite siblings? sad

OP’s posts: |
Stingeray Wed 27-May-20 08:50:16

There really isnt any point in asking here as nobody knows. It may be that an effective vaccine has been made and distributed by then. Maybe not. Maybe you will be able to have as many people as you like except for shielding people and there is one you want there,(a parent? Grandparent?), maybe all will look fine then a month before the wedding we have a second wave and the whole thing is cancelled. Nobody will be able to tell you.

Northernsoullover Wed 27-May-20 08:52:25

Its not worth worrying about. It really isn't. I know that's easier said than done but as sting says nothing about this can be predicted.

MaggieFS Wed 27-May-20 09:09:57

Don't worry, because nobody knows. Just make sure you're well insured (if not already and it's possible to get) and also read up on the cancellation policies before you book anything else, just in case.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 31-May-20 22:24:22

My sister is getting married in January. Not at all worried about it.

Truthpact Sun 07-Jun-20 16:45:01

I'm around the same time for my wedding and a bit worried. But it will likely still go ahead, just not for as many people. Maybe just make a plan for a smaller wedding just incase?

TheOnetoWatch Wed 10-Jun-20 15:40:44

We're now May 2021 and looking forward to it....I cant even go there with worrying it might not happen (for the third time!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in