Talk

Advanced search

Any December brides?

(7 Posts)
AnxiousElephant77 Fri 24-Apr-20 14:31:27

We are due to get married on 27th December, and in all honesty I felt quite positive about it until Chris Whitty's comments earlier this week. Now I'm starting to worry that it may be unlikely, given the messages about 'disruptive social distancing.' We don't have any vulnerable guests, but we do have a guest list of 100 and I'm concerned about the large gathering issues. I really don't want to postpone, and the venue is closed at the moment anyway.

What are any other December brides doing?

OP’s posts: |
Thistle72 Sat 25-Apr-20 15:17:09

Helloooo, I am a December bride but slightly different as I’m eloping and getting married up a mountain in Scotland so I’m hoping to be ok.
We are staying in a hotel so not sure about that but I’m hoping it will be open. I suppose I’m fortunate in some ways that I wanted an elopment. I’ll wait to see nearer the time.

AnxiousElephant77 Sat 25-Apr-20 16:53:28

Hi there! That sounds like it'll be fine and you'll be able to socially distance if needed. Fingers crossed!

onanothertrain Sun 26-Apr-20 12:58:00

My date is 5th December, 60ish guests. I'm still hopeful it will go ahead.

AnxiousElephant77 Sun 26-Apr-20 13:19:02

Hearing people say they're positive makes me a bit more positive!

Farontothemaddingcrowd Sun 26-Apr-20 13:21:23

I’m marrying in December too, 23 guests so hopeful it will go ahead. Two vulnerable relatives may not be able to come I guess, depending on how things go. We have booked a lodge in the Lake District for honeymoon so really hope that will go ahead.

AnxiousElephant77 Sun 26-Apr-20 13:45:09

I don't really want to significantly cut my guest list or change my wedding, so if it can't go ahead I'm probably going to reschedule to the same date next year. Which I am struggling to get my head around, really confused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in