Talk

Advanced search

Events planner really stressing me out. Her error messing up invoice

(11 Posts)
Doppledoe Sun 09-Feb-20 13:14:29

Hello
We are getting married at the start of may.
All good and mostly all done.
We've paid the fee in full for the venue.
We then have a fee of £1,000 for the services of the events planner person there for the day and the bar she'll be setting up and running with staff.
We agreed, in writing, last year that this fee of 1k be paid a month before the wedding. We've accounted for this and will have the money.
However I've just received an email saying she's got it wrong and we need to pay the 1k now.
I'm not impressed. It's their error so do we have any right to say no?
I'm actually quite scared of her and I don't want to say no.
It's her error so if I was her I'd not ask as this is unreasonable
Does anyone have thoughts on this? Or what I should do?
Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Cyberve Sun 09-Feb-20 15:02:40

I'd be a bit miffed that she messed up to be honest. She's an events planner, she should have you know, planned this? hmm I've found most costs don't need to be paid either until a few weeks before the date too so why does she need it now?

Iamtooknackeredtorun Sun 09-Feb-20 15:05:10

Do you have a written contract or t&c which set out the timescale for payment? I would ask her what she needs the money for. It sounds like she’s got a cash flow issue to me It might put me off using her tbh

Iamtooknackeredtorun Sun 09-Feb-20 15:06:09

Sorry just read you have it in writing. I’d tell her you can’t pay it yet. Her mistake shouldn’t land on you to sort out

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 09-Feb-20 15:07:35

Sounds very dodgy to me. Is she about to change careers?

Doppledoe Sun 09-Feb-20 15:27:06

Thanks everyone for giving me your opinion. My friends also think it's her fault so not our problem in terms of having to pay asap.
I need to dig out the contract but we have her emails stating it's 1 month before the wedding.
It's all a bit odd because she works for the venue as their events planner but she doesn't own the venue and presumably hasn't got anything to do with it in terms of their finances ?

Doppledoe Sun 09-Feb-20 15:28:04

Also why is she sending this to me on a Sunday afternoon hmm

TheMemoryLingers Sun 09-Feb-20 15:29:29

Be careful that this isn't an email interception scam. I would phone her up to check before sending any money.

Doppledoe Sun 09-Feb-20 15:35:48

Re read the email and she wants her share of the cash (not the bar bit) basically she wants her personal bit. Maybe she's wanting to book a holiday

Doppledoe Sun 09-Feb-20 15:36:44

Good point TheMemoryLingers

Feel like saying no because it's not my fault she was wrong besides it's annoyed me because this is for her and her personal finances

Sparkletastic Sun 09-Feb-20 15:44:03

This doesn't sound legit. Speak to someone senior at the venue tomorrow.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in