Talk

Advanced search

Keeping my bridesmaids warm!

(9 Posts)
Cheesypops Sat 01-Feb-20 17:30:19

My bridesmaids and I have agreed on the colour and style for a dress, but should I provide a layer for over the top?

The wedding is next month and I want them to be warm enough between the venues. I guess guests might wear coats, but I dont know what to pair with a bridesmaid dress. Any ideas for styles or colours of wraps or cover ups etc?

OP’s posts: |
Angbunnyboo Sat 01-Feb-20 17:54:16

I'm going to suggest you get the old standby pashminas.

If you look on eBay you can get all sorts of colours and they are about £4 each. Obviously they are not going to be real pashmina/cashmere at that price but they are nice and warm an d they look good. We've got some for our wedding and they just needed a bit of a press when they were delivered, otherwise perfect.

I love those dresses btw - the colour is fab.

Cheesypops Sat 01-Feb-20 18:29:49

Thanks, that's a good idea. I considered a short jacket/bolero, but they might not work with the strap on the dress.

I'll have a look on ebay. I'm thinking maybe something in a lighter colour than the green.

pinksummer Sat 01-Feb-20 18:45:32

I'd go for a cream pashmina. Easy for someone else to hold for a photo but also will keep them warm later on in the evening!

Commonwasher Sat 01-Feb-20 18:53:03

Gorgeous dresses!!!

Great choice! I second the pashmina/wrap suggestion. A bolero will not work with the strap unless you get the bat-wing type which are less fitted under the arms.

Screamqueenz Sat 01-Feb-20 18:55:41

Champagne coloured pashmina would look lovely.

ReturnofSaturn Sat 01-Feb-20 18:59:23

No help but love that bridesmaid dress, you obviously have good taste OP. smile

Cheesypops Sat 01-Feb-20 19:44:32

Thanks for the advice - sounds like a cream/champagne pashmina is the way to go! Lovely to hear people like the colour of the dresses too.

snowone Sat 01-Feb-20 19:50:09

Amazing dress OP! Sorry I've no suggestions, just wanted to tell you how lovely the dress is!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in