Talk

Advanced search

Wedding Venue

(5 Posts)
Maggie2020 Mon 27-Jan-20 16:15:54

Hello! Just wanted some opinions. I recently got engaged and have been wedding venue hunting. My best friend (also Maid Of Honour) has also been in a long term relationship but is not engaged, she told me her wedding was basically all planned in her head though but was really secretive about any details. We recently found our dream venue and decided it was the one for us so verbally booked it. When i told my friend she said that it was her dream venue and that she had hoped i wouldnt find it, and even said it was featured in a bridal magazine she gave me and that she nearly didnt give it to me!! I am shocked and now feel disheartened that this is the situation. I wouldnt have gone to see it if she'd just told me but i feel like i found it on my own so have just as much right as she does to it. Please let me know what you think.

OP’s posts: |
TDL2016 Mon 27-Jan-20 18:17:13

The venue you find and she loves, will host multiple weddings per week, year in year out. It’s a wedding venue. That’s what they do. Is she expecting no one else to ever get married there? If you love the venue, keep it, book your wedding and enjoy the planning process.

flowery Mon 27-Jan-20 18:18:53

She’s not even engaged yet? It could be years, if ever, before she uses the venue.

Whatelsecouldibecalled Mon 27-Jan-20 18:27:44

Your friend is nuts. If you both love the venue then both boom the venue (just not the same day!!)

My venue I loved and it was a wedding machine. In the summer weddings practically everyday. It’s unreasonable for her to think you wouldn’t ‘find it’ be different it was some sort of secret code or barn off the beaten track she had told you about but sounds like a big standard venue. Especially if it’s been in a magazine.

Maggie2020 Mon 27-Jan-20 22:45:14

Thanks everyone. It is quite exclusive and only hosts 15 weddings per year but 8 still think she's being unreasonable.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in