Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on bridesmaid dresses?

(11 Posts)
Talkthirty2me Thu 07-Nov-19 20:09:20

I probably wanted a pastel theme so to have each or my maids in a different colour but it seems to be getting more popular and I’m actually starting to like grey and pink. Would it look strange to have 2 of them in one style dress in pink, and the other 2 in another style in grey? These are what I’m looking at.

OP’s posts: |
Talkthirty2me Thu 07-Nov-19 20:11:32

I originally not I probably! smile

Lweji Thu 07-Nov-19 20:13:59

IMO, if you want two colours, you should have the same style. Or mix them all up and have style 1-grey, style 2-grey, style 1-pink, style 2-pink.
So it looks more like a theme.

Talkthirty2me Thu 07-Nov-19 20:18:05

These are what I have already bought. Stick or change?

Lweji Thu 07-Nov-19 20:23:58

If they're all the same shape, I think it's fine to have the different colours, although I'd have gone for variations around a colour or brighter colours and go full on for contrast.
In don't particularly like how those colours go together, sorry. But, definitely seek other opinions.

Talkthirty2me Thu 07-Nov-19 20:31:31

@Lweji Do you mean the grey and pink or the pastels I’ve bought?

jillandhersprite Thu 07-Nov-19 20:43:11

I prefer what you have bought because I think it's the same dress rather than 2 in one colour and style and then 2 more in a different colour and style.
You either need to match i.e. dress or colour is same or nothing should match at all and all 4 are completely different.
It just looks like you couldn't decide which looked best so you picked both.

user1473878824 Wed 13-Nov-19 00:36:27

My only thing, having spoken to my bridesmaids about something similar, is do the colours go with them? I found a dress I sort of liked for them and my best friend pointed out they’d all look awful in it (in a nice way!) and I suddenly went oh god yes you all would, it just wouldn’t suit any of them and that made a huge difference. I think the big thing is what do you want, if you want them matchy do that, if you want different colours, do that!

Bluerussian Wed 13-Nov-19 00:54:35

That's a very pretty dress.

Regarding colours, it's up to you but do take into account what the bridesmaids like and what suits them.

ShortHairSuitsYou Wed 13-Nov-19 01:24:17

The most important thing is will they look good as individuals in the dresses. No point having a lovely theme if someone not pregnant looks like congratulations are in order, or a proper bra can't be worn when it's needed. Also think about footwear, if any of your bridesmaids can't wear heels and aren't particularly tall how will the dress look then?
I would prefer the grey and pink look personally but only small/pert breasted women could wear the pink dress!

Russell19 Wed 13-Nov-19 01:50:23

I've always thought if you are doing different colours then the dress should be the same/very similar style. Your grey/pink ones look too different to me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in