Talk

Advanced search

Can’t decide which wedding ring

(39 Posts)
ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 19:40:08

I’m so indecisive and after picking my ring and being happy with it I saw another that I also loved and now I can’t decide between the 2.

I love them both. Which do you think looks better on?

There’s £100 price difference between them which I think is probably swaying me also.

Engagement ring doesn’t fit and doesn’t go with either to be fair so they wouldn’t be worn together anyway.

So which looks better, crossover ring or band ring?

OP’s posts: |
MrsMozartMkII Sat 28-Sep-19 19:49:28

The second one.

Sherloidbaisherloid Sat 28-Sep-19 19:57:17

Do you have a picture with your engagement ring?

IceBearRocks Sat 28-Sep-19 19:57:36

Second one for me too x

Spied Sat 28-Sep-19 20:00:19

Crossover

ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 20:04:52

When you say second which one do you mean?

HermioneWeasley Sat 28-Sep-19 20:05:41

I don’t like either, why not a plain band?

Also agree with others saying we need to see the engagement ring

MrsMozartMkII Sat 28-Sep-19 20:06:33

The band one (the slightly wider looking one).

ImNotYourGranny Sat 28-Sep-19 20:07:01

Not the crossover one. The other one looks much better.

ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 20:07:47

Here’s the engagement ring. But I never wear it, it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t go with either ring and they will never be worn together. It also REALLY needs re-plating.

RainOrSun Sat 28-Sep-19 20:10:49

On the picture with both rings, I prefer the one nearer your nail. But I think it needs to be slightly bigger, so if its those actual rings, the bottom one.

Jingers5 Sat 28-Sep-19 20:10:49

The one with the thicker band looks the best, congrats to you both

Kiki275 Sat 28-Sep-19 20:14:28

I prefer the crossover to be worn on its own. The other is lovely but I feel like it should be worn with something else x

Samosaurus Sat 28-Sep-19 20:17:52

The second one is nicer (although to me they are both very 1980’s Argos looking), but you need it sized bigger. Also are you sure you’ll never wear your engagement ring? If you really are, why not have the stones taken out of it and made into the style of wedding ring that you like?
I never wear my actual wedding ring, it is a plain platinum band, but I wear a thin eternity ring instead. I wish I had just gone for that style for my wedding band, so I understand the need to get it right! Congratulationssmile

DamonSalvatoresDinner Sat 28-Sep-19 20:20:25

2nd looks better bing thicker. Have you considered having one made? I used scrap gold that I had laying around including my late grannie's broken gold necklaces etc and had a wedding band made especially for me. The leftover gold paid for it's creation. It's a unique ring and more sentimental thanks to my mum's wedding ring also being a part of it.

Crunched Sat 28-Sep-19 20:23:29

I have a very similar cross over wedding ring (and love it, thanks Samosaurussmile) and it does need cleaning quite frequently so I suggest the band may be easier to live with.
Congratulations

ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 20:25:49

@Samosaurus I’m sure. I’ve been engaged 6 years and stopped wearing it after a few months. Never been keen on it. I like the idea of taking the stones out of it but wouldn’t that be very expensive? On a strict budget and can’t go over £250 really.

Cornishmum00 Sat 28-Sep-19 20:29:04

The band is nicer but looks like you need a bigger size whichever you decide

Queenlatifahsleftboob Sat 28-Sep-19 20:29:54

Not keen on either tbh. If I were you I would be a plain gold band - classic and won't date.

ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 20:36:30

@Cornishmum00 I’ve bought them a size small as I’m dieting and the wedding is still 7 months away. I can have it enlarged if I need to later anyway

CatToddlerUprising Sat 28-Sep-19 20:39:28

I like the second one. But I would get a size or two bigger now to be honest - it’s easier to get it resized smaller than bigger.

Samosaurus Sat 28-Sep-19 20:41:31

Hmm yes it probably would cost a bit more than £250 for a custom made ring. Is there one of the two your heart is telling you to go with? If you really can’t decide could your husband-to-be help you make the choice?

@Crunched eek sorry didn’t mean to cause offence. I’m sure I wear jewellery that is not to other people’s tastes myself! smile

CatteStreet Sat 28-Sep-19 20:50:57

'Not keen on either tbh. If I were you I would be a plain gold band - classic and won't date.'

This. I find both yours quite fussy, and not the kind of rings that are going to be lovely and vintage.

Dh and I married as poor students and have very simple, inexpensive plain gold bands that absolutely scream 'wedding ring'. They're not imaginative or original in the slightest, but I love mine and I love his on him.

ImagineRainbows Sat 28-Sep-19 20:57:44

It’s going to be the only ring I wear as I’m not really a jewellery person so I don’t want a plain one.

I prefer the twist of the thinner ring but I prefer the diamonds on the thicker ring. A combination of the 2 would be perfect but I can’t find that within my budget. I’ve already bought and sent back 3 rings as well as these. Nothing feels right but I don’t normally wear any jewellery so I’m not sure any will.

rededucator Sat 28-Sep-19 21:03:27

Stretching a ring weakens it. You'd have been better of buying the correct size and getting it reduced. It's definitely way too small.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in