Talk

Advanced search

Anyone eloped to gretna green?

(4 Posts)
Babyblues052 Sun 14-Jul-19 09:16:00

Hi, anyone eloped to gretna green? How much did you pay? Does anyone know if the registrar fee is included in packages? Did it feel special if it was only the 2 of you or a few of you? What was your day like. Any experiences welcome!!!

I'm thinking of getting married there just me dp and our ds but would really like a break down if anyone knows. Tia smile

MynameisJune Sun 14-Jul-19 09:18:58

Ours wasn’t really eloping, we had 21 close family. We got married at Anvil Hall which is an old church now used for civil ceremonies. It was 4pm in the winter and it was all lit by candle light only. It was quite magical, we made a weekend of it. And even now 11 years later everyone says it’s the best wedding they’ve been too.

Can’t help on prices as it was a while ago now and it wasn’t the old blacksmiths place but I didn’t want strangers in the wedding.

Mum4Fergus Mon 15-Jul-19 08:22:32

Have a look over the packages on their website...often have good offers for their quieter months.

Have you visited the place?

DH and I did but decided it wasn't for us...it felt a bit like a market with one wedding after another. We did elope, just the 2 of us but married in Callander instead.

MrsMc2019 Tue 20-Aug-19 19:01:46

We're getting married there in less than a month!

They were so helpful - this is some of the info we got back from them:

Wedding fees are not included, please see details below.

You will also have the costs of either a Minister or Registrar to officiate your ceremony.  Please note the differences below: -

Civil Ceremony – A Registrar will carry out this ceremony, this is a non-religious ceremony.  Once you have confirmed your venue with us, we will apply for a Registrar to officiate your ceremony.  You will then submit the M10 forms (see below) to the Gretna Registration Office along with any relevant documents and fees within the correct timescale.  Fees – Monday-Friday £334.00, Saturday £452.00 and Sunday and Bank Holidays £512.00 

Religious Ceremony – A Minister will carry out this ceremony.  You must still submit the M10 forms (see below) to the Gretna Registration Office along with any relevant documents and fees within the correct timescale.  Please note that with a Religious Ceremony you must collect your own Marriage Schedule prior to your event.  It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to check the Registration Office opening times.  Fees – Minister guide price £170, Marriage Schedule fee £70.

The costs as below are for our venue only’ s.

We have several venues for you to choose from with the Venue ONLY costs as follows:-

The Old Toll Bar - £195.00
The Cottage - £195.00
The Rennison Room -£250.00
The Water Gardens -£295.00
The Saddlery - £295.00
The Coach House - £359.00
The Courtyard - £359.00
The Famous Blacksmiths Shop -£389.00

You will find details and pictures on our web site www.gretnagreen.comm_ and can also download our wedding brochure, please follow this link https://www.gretnagreen.com/images/stories/pdf/gretna-green-wedding-brochure-2019.pdff_

I hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »