Talk

Advanced search

Wedding insurance

(17 Posts)
MissMoodyMoo Mon 24-Jun-19 15:10:49

Did anyone take it out? And if not why didnt you?

OP’s posts: |
RedPandaFluff Mon 24-Jun-19 15:40:07

I did - primarily in case the venue or one of the suppliers went under, potentially leaving us out of pocket. It wasn't expensive - about £80 I think - compared to what we could have lost if the reception venue went bust, for example.

Iwantacampervan Mon 24-Jun-19 17:28:50

I didn't - I got married 20 years ago and I'm not sure that it was well publicised. I didn't read any bridal magazines or go to fairs so I may have missed any advertisements/flyers.

DramaAlpaca Mon 24-Jun-19 17:31:45

I did, and I got married 30 years ago. I didn't need to use it, and I can't remember how much it was, but it gave us peace of mind.

Notageek Mon 24-Jun-19 17:42:27

I did but didn’t use it . It was worth it though for all worry it saved..In the grand scheme of things the amount was tiny.

MaggieFS Mon 24-Jun-19 20:38:50

Definitely yes. I couldn't have afforded to lose deposits etc, if any supplier/venue had gone bust.

user1493413286 Mon 24-Jun-19 20:43:53

I didn’t as i just never got round to it but I do think that was a bit silly of me

Banhaha Mon 24-Jun-19 20:47:34

A relative got married a few years ago and her original venue went under. She was extremely lucky and got all her money back, people further into the planning stage lost their weddings and money paid. If she'd lost it all she would have had to save for years to get the equivalent. She was very lucky, and booked insurance once she'd rearranged.

MrsFionaCharming Wed 26-Jun-19 14:20:49

I did, my venue said it was a requirement. I went with John Lewis, as it was £100, but I got a £50 JL voucher included.

boredboredboredboredbored Thu 27-Jun-19 16:33:59

I have for our February 2020 wedding mainly in case it gets snowed off!

RavenLG Thu 27-Jun-19 16:51:06

We have for June 2020 wedding but it is also a requirement for the venue. £150 is worth the mindset that if something went wrong with one of the vendors we would be ok.

Banhaha Thu 27-Jun-19 20:34:29

It can also cover you should someone in the bride or groom's party die or not be able to attend due to serious illness and it not be appropriate to continue. Some alos cover photographers not turning up etc Check the T&Cs .

Sooooozie Thu 27-Jun-19 20:42:47

I didn't, because our main cost was venue hire from English Heritage, and I was confident that they wouldn't go bust!

Pipandmum Thu 27-Jun-19 20:45:52

No I didn’t because the vendors I used were well known or I knew personally. Very little chance of anyone going bust, and it was in London all in the same venue so weather wasn’t an issue.

littleblackno Thu 27-Jun-19 20:48:40

I did- my dh lost his wedding ring in the sea on our honeymoon and it covered a replacement (travel insurance would have too but I think the initial cost was cheaper)
I think it’s worth it for the peace of mind.

Whostolemyhorn Thu 27-Jun-19 21:00:30

It was the best money we ever spent as my wedding dress shop went bankrupt so I would have lost nearly £2k without it.

Ladyformation Fri 28-Jun-19 09:54:25

Yes, we have it, not because I think anything will go wrong but because the c£120 it cost would be paid back if there was a single problem with a single supplier, so it seemed silly not to. We also have a relatively high budget so as a proportion of spend it's very low. Worth it for the peace of mind alone.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in